shipping to Canada

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

igpoe

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Today I boxed-up 6 bow bars to go to Sasketchewan. Two full-size Mac 2-man bows, a Mall 2MG bow, an old Lombard bow, a useless Poulan bow, and a Mac 3-25 bow. The box was 50"x
28" and weighed 100 lbs. UPS wanted $338.40. I brought it home and took out 3 bows. It now weighs 74lbs. UPS wants $338.40 to ship because the box is still extra-large. I'm sure I can take it to him for that! What's up with this wild shipping rates these days.
Igpoe:cheers:

Today I boxed-up 6 bow bars to go to Sasketchewan. Two full-size Mac 2-man bows, a Mall 2MG bow, an old Lombard bow, a useless Poulan bow, and a Mac 3-25 bow. The box was 50"x
28" and weighed 100 lbs. UPS wanted $338.40. I brought it home and took out 3 bows. It now weighs 74lbs. UPS wants $338.40 to ship because the box is still extra-large. I'm sure I can take it to him for that! What's up with this wild shipping rates these days.

Try USPS. UPS will probably ding the receiver that much in fees and duty in addition to what they charge you. thieves.

That's not all that bad.
Taking it to him may be a good option, probably bring home a load to!!!!

Seriously, $340ish sounds about right.
UPS from what I have seen has been the cheaper on LARGE boxes.
UPS and Purolator work together in Canada.

That's not all that bad.
Taking it to him may be a good option, probably bring home a load to!!!!

Seriously, $340ish sounds about right.
UPS from what I have seen has been the cheaper on LARGE boxes.
UPS and Purolator work together in Canada.

Thanks Teddy, but it seems to me if I ship them to trade and my friend in Canada pays $200+ to trade me a tw0-man then $540+ has been spent to make an even swap! The shippers unfortunately are the only ones to come out in the deal. But what do I know, I gross $100 a day to drive an 18 wheeler...................the same type vehicle they're taking my bows with. The math makes me sick.

Thanks Teddy, but it seems to me if I ship them to trade and my friend in Canada pays $200+ to trade me a tw0-man then $540+ has been spent to make an even swap! The shippers unfortunately are the only ones to come out in the deal. But what do I know, I gross $100 a day to drive an 18 wheeler...................the same type vehicle they're taking my bows with. The math makes me sick.

I know, I know!
It sucks BAD!!!
Bet I have as much into shipping as I do my saws!

Hope it gets worked for you and other party!!

It's crazy all right. It costs about 60-70 bucks to ship a single saw to Canada, that you guys could ship across the country for 25.

I love the post office.:msp_sneaky:

It's crazy all right. It costs about 60-70 bucks to ship a single saw to Canada, that you guys could ship across the country for 25.

I love the post office.:msp_sneaky:

The only saw I can ship across the country now for $25 via any service would be like a Stihl 009 or something similar.

I shipped a 372 to Maine a couple weeks ago via Fedex and it was $44 (PHO).

Parcel Post is useless.

Dean- your best option would be to box up the smaller/similar size bows and then the larger ones. Send the smaller ones via USPS and the larger ones via UPS standard to Canada. I'll bet you could get it done for less than $200 total.

The only saw I can ship across the country now for $25 via any service would be like a Stihl 009 or something similar.

I shipped a 372 to Maine a couple weeks ago via Fedex and it was $44 (PHO).

Parcel Post is useless.

Dean- your best option would be to box up the smaller/similar size bows and then the larger ones. Send the smaller ones via USPS and the larger ones via UPS standard to Canada. I'll bet you could get it done for less than $200 total.

Or you could listen to someone that ships a lot....

Dean,

What about a LTL (Less Than Load) shipper? Someone like Overnite (now UPS), ABF, Estes, or my buddies at Abilene Motor Express? You might be able to find one to swing by your place (or you could stand out on 360) and pick it up. I would call around and see especially since you already have the dimensions and weight.

Gary

The only viable option across the border is USPS......If you ship UPS, trust me, you will have a pi$$ed off guy in Canada when UPS hands him the bill with customs and brokerage charges!!:msp_angry: .

I think you're fine volumetrically, but USPS will only take up to 60 lbs.....You will need to break it down to multiple packages.

The only viable option across the border is USPS......If you ship UPS, trust me, you will have a pi$$ed off guy in Canada when UPS hands him the bill with customs and brokerage charges!!:msp_angry: .

I think you're fine volumetrically, but USPS will only take up to 60 lbs.....You will need to break it down to multiple packages.

I agree. Somebody sent me a saw and after paying close to $70 to get it here, I had to give another $18 at the PO when I picked it up.

I only buy the odd saw/parts from the US and USPS is the only way that it's viable for me personal stuff .
I buy trapping supplies from the US , I use USPS for small orders but I'll use a freight broker to get larger orders across the border , they send me the paperwork when it gets landed in their sufferance (?) warehouse , I go to customs and take care of my taxes and duties , fax the gov paperwork to the shipper and they deliver . A little more work but I not complaining .

Back