Short roped

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just curious , how did you measure the rope? I would be ticked off if I was shorted although I have never measured my climbing lines.

Just curious , how did you measure the rope? I would be ticked off if I was shorted although I have never measured my climbing lines.

I used a steel survey tape, it's accurate to within a brazillionth of an inch.

It's all good though, I stretched out my throw line that I bought the same time as the rope, to get the memory out of it from where it was on a spool, and it looks like it's closer to 300' than 200'.

I didn't use the tape to measure it, but I'm sure it's more than 200', cause I had to pull it into the next county to stretch it out, then I flaked it into a bucket. That was fun, especially when my dog thought it would be cool to grab it and play keep-a-way with it.

I used a steel survey tape, it's accurate to within a brazillionth of an inch.

It's all good though, I stretched out my throw line that I bought the same time as the rope, to get the memory out of it from where it was on a spool, and it looks like it's closer to 300' than 200'.

I didn't use the tape to measure it, but I'm sure it's more than 200', cause I had to pull it into the next county to stretch it out, then I flaked it into a bucket. That was fun, especially when my dog thought it would be cool to grab it and play keep-a-way with it.

If you are going to measure rope then measure a 3 foot board then run the rope along it as you count. No need to a long tape, that's probably what's confusing you BUT if the rope still ain't 120 i'd be looking for my 6 feet.

If you ordered it with a spliced eye that might be where the 6' went.

Very good guess. I'm thinking the same... if someone else ordered an eye splice on a 120' and it didn't go well you'd lose about 3' per splice. Tachyon is very difficult to bury.. to the point that someone not used to splicing it could think they made a wrong measurement and start over.

My guess is something like that happened (twice) and the rope just went back on the shelf, or you got the end of the spool and they figured that was good enough.

I personally don't think I would care enough to call on 6 feet, but I'd keep it in mind next time I was placing an order somewhere.

Latest posts

Back