Should I void my warranty?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Should I void my warranty?

• No

• Yes do it now!

• Yes after break in

Results are only viewable after voting.
A good sharp chain is the best upgrade you can make for a saw. Don't be a cheap azz and wear them toothless. A good chain is $15-$20 and saves the whole saw so buy new often and your saw will last longer. Screwing around with a saw in a days work might save you 10 minutes if it is set right air/fuel mix to start with.

What saw?
261vs3

Depends on if you plan on using the warranty.
For the most part I find them useless as when I've tried to make a warranty claim on most any product they just give you the runaround then charge me for xyz because they can, and the whole time I could have already bought new and been making a buck or getting something done rather than messing around for hrs on end waiting and driving back and forth to attempt to get the help I needed.
One great exception to this was when a friends kid broke the handle on my Fiscars splitting axe. I contacted them and they said they needed me to fill out the form online and provide a picture of it, no problem as it took me about 5 min because I was already on their site and already had a couple pictures. I had a new axe in a couple days :rock:.

Now to be honest, why do you need it to cut faster and to be louder, you're only running an 18 on it and it's a 4hp saw. As was stated, keep your chain fresh and cut, if your doing production work or want to run a longer bar then I get that.
As far as buying a new chain often, that makes no sense to me unless the chain has been filed back to the witness marks.
A sharp chain is not an upgrade, it's like a clean air filter or running good fuel, it's just how it should be.

A good sharp chain is the best upgrade you can make for a saw. Don't be a cheap azz and wear them toothless. A good chain is $15-$20 and saves the whole saw so buy new often and your saw will last longer. Screwing around with a saw in a days work might save you 10 minutes if it is set right air/fuel mix to start with.
Even after not owning a saw for a while I can still sharpen a chain in my sleep. I’m already running a reasonable fast chain Stihl RS. And it’s always sharp! I had a Echo 590 that would smoke a 555 with the same mods just because of the chain!

@chipper1 to answer your question “why?” Well because I can’t leave anything alone guns,cars,motorcycles,chainsaws.........toaster ovens. I have Magnumitous. If there is performance to be unlocked in something I want it. It’s bad I catch so much **** for it.

@chipper1 to answer your question “why?” Well because I can’t leave anything alone guns,cars,motorcycles,chainsaws.........toaster ovens. I have Magnumitous. If there is performance to be unlocked in something I want it. It’s bad I catch so much **** for it.
What did you do to the toaster oven, install a micro-controller with a PID loop?

Back