side-tracked @ dealer

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ale

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Went to the Husqvarna dealer today to pick up some oil mix and a new bar for a 371xp that i'm fixing up and maybe, I thought just maybe, I'd take a look at a 346xp. No intentions of buying or anything crazy like that. Right?....

I don't know what went wrong.

Ended up leaving with a new 372xp. Good price I figured ($680 otd w/20'' set-up & some extras) Plus, I'm a little worried that these saws are not going to be available very much longer.
attachment.php
attachment.php

now the 288xp has a little brother
attachment.php

...by the way...filled up the 7.3 Ford diesel today....fuel prices SUCK!

Excellent choice. That's the best way too - you skip all that "should I...shouldn't I" crap.

:cheers:

Went to the Husqvarna dealer today to pick up some oil mix and a new bar for a 371xp that i'm fixing up and maybe, I thought just maybe, I'd take a look at a 346xp. No intentions of buying or anything crazy like that. Right?....

I don't know what went wrong.

Ended up leaving with a new 372xp. Good price I figured ($680 otd w/20'' set-up & some extras) Plus, I'm a little worried that these saws are not going to be available very much longer.
attachment.php
attachment.php

now the 288xp has a little brother
attachment.php

Which cost more? The saw or the diesel.

two tanks on the truck. $4.05 x 28 = $113.40 :censored:
at this rate 4 fill-up's and I could buy that new 346xp I want....

Time to ride the Honda xr650l to work for a few weeks to save fuel money :)

two tanks on the truck. $4.05 x 28 = $113.40 :censored:
at this rate 4 fill-up's and I could buy that new 346xp I want....

Time to ride the Honda xr650l to work for a few weeks to save fuel money :)

We've just got a 3.0D Toyota truck and it cost the equivalent of $150 and I'll get 500 miles from that. Diesel works out at about $8.75 per USG in the UK.

That poor little 460 looks lonely, tucked away in the corner

:monkey:

To the topic at hand, I, too hate getting sidetracked at the dealer... last time it cost me a FS250.

Yeah, I keep dodging the dealer for the same reasons. My new 372xp keeps claiming it's a twin and I forgot to bring home its brother. I keep telling myself they won't be available much longer, but I'm trying to hold off until next year. Problem is, dad's in the market for a new saw and I'm steering him toward a 346xpne. So, I know I can't stay out of there forever.:cry:

I've been looking at getting a diesel lately and running on bio diesel. They have automated push button processors now at around $1,000, but if you're industrious you can build your own. Most bio dieselers are saying they're producing their fuel for less than $1 a gallon. The one in this video is a little more expensive, but it's the first video I pulled up. ;)

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/pJKWzOfAb70&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/pJKWzOfAb70&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Last edited:
Ha ha ha... You're an alright guy, SawTroll! I knew there was a reason I liked your posts. You're good at encouragement.

Congrats on your new GREAT saw. I love both of mine-even though one is a JRed 2171.

I agree on the diesel being out of control-filled three cans for my tractor last week and it was north of $60.

Great looking saw. One of my favorites. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do mine. 20" bar was a excellent choice.:greenchainsaw: :chainsaw: :clap:

Nice job, nice saws. You gotta' admit though that 372 is one mean lookin' saw.....lol Good job...you got one of the best. Break her in and you'll be happy.:greenchainsaw: :cheers:

Yeah, I cant go to my dealer right now even though I need a chain for the 5100. Every time I go in that 2171 keeps calling and calling and calling...

Latest posts

Back