Silly people make me giggle

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That would be just as dangerous if not more than too much tongue weight.Ever see a truck/trailer start some serious fishtailing on the highway due to not enough tongue weight?Next to impossible to get it back under control once the wagging starts. Center it over the axles, with a slight bit forward of the axles.

Did that once hauling a bobcat. I didn't pay enough attention to how it had been loaded. Hit 55 mph and the trailer started going all over the place. Thought I was a gonner with that one. All I could do was let off the gas and hold on. On the plus side, all the traffic cleared around me until I could get a place to pull over. I've never had so much space around me driving on I-95. NEVER load too far back. Loads need to be centered on the trailer.

Thats awsome.. I can't believe I just saw this.. :clap::popcorn:

I think it's abit to far forward, I would have preffered back abit more over the wheels.. Doesn't matter though still fun to look at.

I blame the loader operator. Why in the world would you put a load so far forward? Thats just stupid. Thanks for sharing the pictures. There is a lesson here. And a nice bit of firewood.

They had to put it there otherwise the loader forks would have been on top of the trailer fenders.

That would be just as dangerous if not more than too much tongue weight.Ever see a truck/trailer start some serious fishtailing on the highway due to not enough tongue weight?Next to impossible to get it back under control once the wagging starts. Center it over the axles, with a slight bit forward of the axles.

I agree ,
I am a 25 year tractor trailer driver , Its not how much weight necessarily . its where it is on the deck
center on the axels, slightly forward
MD

where it was dropped on the trailer makes no difference when you more the double the gvr of the trailer. I would like to know how he planed on stoping that load cause if he did anything over 5mph look out you have a run away train on your hands.

I am guilty of reposting some of the pics, it is making its way around the interweb pretty good. Alright Nuzzy, whats the story? Do you know any of these guys or just happen upon the scene. I am assuming these are some of our finest MI boys. DOT? That would make a lil more sense than a civilian road crew.

http://www.woodweb.com/cgi-bin/calculators/calc.pl

Log weight calculator.

This was just posted today by a guy on one of my wheeling forums, but it's too good not to share!!

:ices_rofl:

Thanks Nuz, that is funny, but I do also have to give him credit for trying.:censored:

:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

my wife reminds me , when I pull in the yard with my truck sagging , that the woods not free when you break something
MD

That should be somebody's sig line! :D

Not that I've ever overloaded my little Nissan. No, never. :monkey:

My John Deere AR is way smaller than that log, and it weighs 5600 lbs.

<---

My guess is the log weighs at least five tons, and that trailer is probably rated at 7,000 lbs.
They should have put near the back of the trailer.
I once saw a guy pull out onto the freeway with a car loaded backwards on the trailer. He lost control when the rear wheels of the truck cleared the pavement. Got a ticket too. Seems loading a car facing backwards on a flatbed is illegal here.

As one who has worked with logs that size recently, I would wager that that thing is in excess of 5 digits, about 11,000 lbs.

I wonder what saw he was planning to use to cut it up? MS390 or 455R?

I bet an '87 on down Chevy would have held it just fine.

my guess for weight is way over 7,000 lbs. i have driven a small case skid loader all the way forward on a trailer, and didnt look anything like that. i bet the trailer and twig weighed more than 10,000 lbs, which you would actually need a class A cdl to drive. i'm pretty sure that guy doesnt have a cdl. or a straight frame for that matter.....

Love it Nuz...is that why you bought the 1ton Dodge?
I loaded 3 7' x 28" dry oak logs on the back of my Dakota and was pretty proud of her...till I pulled off the stump that was under the bumper.

That should be somebody's sig line! :D

Not that I've ever overloaded my little Nissan. No, never. :monkey:

My little Ranger has more than paid for itself. Between hauling about 1,000 linear feet of off-site granite for a stone wall and dozens of cords of green wood, she's definitely earned her keep. That's not even mentioning the hundreds of pounds of scrap that's been hauled to the junkman.

With about 170k on the 9 year old girl, I make more frequent trips nowadays with smaller loads.

My little Ranger has more than paid for itself. Between hauling about 1,000 linear feet of off-site granite for a stone wall and dozens of cords of green wood, she's definitely earned her keep. That's not even mentioning the hundreds of pounds of scrap that's been hauled to the junkman.

With about 170k on the 9 year old girl, I make more frequent trips nowadays with smaller loads.

Sounds like you are in the same boat as me, I have a Dakota that has had the unfortunate luck in being my wood truck.I pull a 16ft trailer with it, and have had more than my share of wood on the thing.A couple of weeks ago I miscalculated the weight being loaded in while hauling home topsoil, after I crossed the scales at the gravel pit I discovered that I had 9000lbs of topsoil in the trailer.Made it home, but I was sweating the whole way.

Damn, 9000lbs behind a dakota. I have a Dakota Quad cab 4.7 as a company veicle and that thing will barely pull my empty Bri-Mar dump trailer.

Latest posts

Back