• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Sell Silvey Square Grinder Parts

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

srcarr52

We can't stop here, this is bat country.
Reaction score
Selling chain holders and chain stops.

The chain holders should fit Silvey or Simington swing arm and Silvey RSII grinders. They are CNC cut from steel plate and are very tight tolerance to the chain to minimize rocking. Available in any combo of gauge. $100 set, $55 for one.

The chains stops are for the Silvey RSII grinder. Made from cold roll steel, $25 set.

IMG_4238.JPG

2nd generation slide kits available. $275

IMG_5884.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_2343.JPG
    IMG_2343.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 220
Are you going to make any pairs of pawls for the Silvey 510's? If so I'd buy a spare set.

Are you going to make any pairs of pawls for the Silvey 510's? If so I'd buy a spare set.

I don't have a 510 to reverse engineer them from but I probably could make some if I had the dimensions or an example part.

Sean, what is the difference between the chain stops? i should have ordered some when i ordered the chain holders if they are better then the factory ones.

I don't have a 510 to reverse engineer them from but I probably could make some if I had the dimensions or an example part.

I can't find a close up picture right now. If you are real serious I have a entire unused rail assembly for a Silvey 510. It is 80 gauge and came with my grinder. I replaced it and the standard gauge assembly was about $180 with shipping.:angry:

Sean, what is the difference between the chain stops? i should have ordered some when i ordered the chain holders if they are better then the factory ones.

There's nothing different with the chain stops I produced vs. the originals. Sometime people grind into the chain stops when grinding really worn out chain and eventually you may need to replace them.

Would you happen to be the fella with the you tube video welding up a bar and grinding it down? If so I have a couple questions if you have the time

anyone who's been contemplating the bearing slide kit you don't know what your missing. the difference is night and day. removes all slide play improving accuracy and the smoothness improves control. after installing this kit i couldn't go back to using the POS original slide block. with the original slide by the time you got the slide adjusted and tight enough to not be sloppy it was very difficult to move the slide with any control. this kit is what the grinder should have came with but then it likely would have been more costly to manufacture and not be considered an entry level economy grinder at that point.

Back