Simonized saws.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Simon do you still think porting the transfers reduces torque?
It would raise the torque, but you can only get as much mixture into the cylinder as what is in the crankcase. After so much would be diminishing return. A little wouldn't hurt anything but I personally just widen them and polish them out and see increases

I've seen some saws, especially modern quad-transfer saws like 372, 7900, and 395, where the transfers were hogged out so much that it affected the torque band. For some reason this seems to happen in Canada more than anywhere else. I always figured it was because of the higher-alcohol content beer.

I've seen some saws, especially modern quad-transfer saws like 372, 7900, and 395, where the transfers were hogged out so much that it affected the torque band. For some reason this seems to happen in Canada more than anywhere else. I always figured it was because of the higher-alcohol content beer.

LOL,..Hey Jacob.

Originally Posted by eMGunslinger
HUSQVARNA 372 XPW 372XPW CHAINSAW 33 INCH BAR CHAIN. | eBay

If this guy says it runs good, it does I have bought from him before and been very happy
The saw that Dave says is "Scary fast" will be a bit slower than what Rick will be getting back.

The saw in post #437 is no simon saw, that saw is actually ported!!
???

Maybe Simon's doesn't want people knowing what is in his saws? He is entering the work saw buildoff so as of now its like a secret weapon...builders don't really share what they do. I know I don't tell the guys at my saw shop what I do to mine.

It's not Simons property anymore therefore the current owner can do what he pleases with it... ;)

Simon can post if he wants, or I can post if he wanted me too. My guess is no, but maybe he wants a picture of his piston up, but then again, maybe not, lol. I will let him decide. Or buy the saw and then If you want me to take it apart, well its your saw, lol. Just kidding.

Oh come on...no need to get the Simonizers permission!!
:hmm3grin2orange:

Simonizer
Originally Posted by CanadianCarGuy

If this guy says it runs good, it does I have bought from him before and been very happy
The saw that Dave says is "Scary fast" will be a bit slower than what Rick will be getting back.

???

The saw in that video has a lot more done to it than what you do. A lot of material has been removed from the crankshaft, flywheel and jug with a bored out carb, also the upper and lower transfers were ported another thing you don't do.

The saw in that video has a lot more done to it than what you do. A lot of material has been removed from the crankshaft, flywheel and jug with a bored out carb, also the upper and lower transfers were ported another thing you don't do.
O I will agree I can tell by the sound there is a lot done. I can understand a lot of what you did. In hindsight though I'm surprised you didn't lighten the connecting rod and piston first. Only way I could really see to take weight off the crank though would be in the weights am I correct unless you took it down right after the seals? If you took it off the weights, I guess you spent time balancing it out correctly again. Honestly I would like to see pics just out of interest (not calling you out):msp_w00t:

Simonizer
Originally Posted by CanadianCarGuy

???

I never claimed any mods on that 385 in post #437. Who modded it? you?

Hey now, that's not very nice. I think I'm going to bobby trap your package now! :msp_biggrin:

It is a very common mistake made on many saws.

The mistake is what?

Ya you and me both...I think he is thinking that was supposed to be one of your saws videoed as an example or something:confused:

I never claimed any mods on that 385 in post #437. Who modded it? you?

Yes it's his saw and he did it.

Yes I ported it and polished and polished and polished. Spent a lot of time blending everything together. The transfers are ran right down into the casing around the bearings. The crank bells have veins carved in them (I am not honestly sure if this gained anything just an exerimental saw). No lightening of the piston or con rod. I actually forgot to port match the muffler to the exhaust port so basically the exhaust is the stock opening here in the vid. I share ALL my work at another site, I don't spend much time here. Unlike some builders I have nothing to hide, I am a student like anyone else who signs up to these forums. I am here to learn sharing is what teaches me the most.

My saw left Hermiston, Oregon today at 10:30 a.m.. Hopefully it has crossed into Canada by now. It's on track to make the Friday delivery that was guaranteed.

Latest posts

Back