Simonized saws.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So it should be here Friday Rick?

They said 5-7 days last Friday before Good Friday so with the holiday maybe early this week,,, I am not very Happy with USPS,,,

and remember I did forget to put Phone #'s on the paperwork as the postal worker that waited on me was perhaps @ best,,, quite a few fries short of a happy meal,,, I havent seen or heard anything contrary,,, So I hope for ther best,,, never again with the Postal service,,, I will use Fed Ex or UPS coming back,,, If You ever get it????

They said 5-7 days last Friday before Good Friday so with the holiday maybe early this week,,, I am not very Happy with USPS,,,

and remember I did forget to put Phone #'s on the paperwork as the postal worker that waited on me was perhaps @ best,,, quite a few fries short of a happy meal,,, I havent seen or heard anything contrary,,, So I hope for ther best,,, never again with the Postal service,,, I will use Fed Ex or UPS coming back,,, If You ever get it????
Everytime I have sent something like that its been around 2 weeks. Did you do priority or parcel post?

I would not use UPS or Fedex across the boarder. It'll cost you a fortune. USPS is fine. Same with Canada post. Ship the saw back expedited and it should take a week.

I would not use UPS or Fedex across the boarder. It'll cost you a fortune. USPS is fine. Same with Canada post. Ship the saw back expedited and it should take a week.
I got nailed for taxes last US purchase, shipped via USPS.
A used item to boot, paid taxes on declared value!!!
They also held it for almost two weeks!!!

Everytime I have sent something like that its been around 2 weeks. Did you do priority or parcel post?

Priority express Airmail,,, was just a smidge over 20 lb I drained the tanks and wiped them out with the blue shop style paper towels,,,

pulled the fuel filter and let it air dry along with the open tanks out in the shop for 48 hrs,,, Heck I even double bagged it???

I got nailed for taxes last US purchase, shipped via USPS.
A used item to boot, paid taxes on declared value!!!
They also held it for almost two weeks!!!

I wrote repair /return across the shipping label in big block letters as Gypo/John reccomended,,, We will see,,, besides i have my receipt from when I purchased it almost 4 years ago

Last edited:
Priority express Airmail,,, was just a smidge over 20 lb I drained the tanks and wiped them out with the blue shop style paper towels,,,

pulled the fuel filter and let it air dry along with the open tanks out in the shop for 48 hrs,,, Heck I even double bagged it???

It should get there just fine. I've shipped over 200 saws to Canada via USPS with only two problems.

Originally Posted by eMGunslinger
HUSQVARNA 372 XPW 372XPW CHAINSAW 33 INCH BAR CHAIN. | eBay

If this guy says it runs good, it does I have bought from him before and been very happy
The saw that Dave says is "Scary fast" will be a bit slower than what Rick will be getting back.

The saw in post #437 is no simon saw, that saw is actually ported!!

It should get there just fine. I've shipped over 200 saws to Canada via USPS with only two problems.

Thanks Jacob,,, that makes me feel a litle bit better,,,

Havent made it by the shop this week will go tomorrow morning and see if the 394 carb has made it yet,,,,

ive double bagged just in case before but it wasnt a saw i was bagging:hmm3grin2orange:

Why am I not surprised????

More than likely the saw will sell locally, as falling in the area is about to go nuts and the saw is half of a new one and would make a perfect spare for a pro logger, or one just starting back with little funds. At $550 to $650 a day the fallers have no problem buying a saw for half price, and thats what they go for, but with online sales there is all the fees to pay out of it. Most fallers have 3 saws or more, since one can be down with repairs. As for the year, I have some new in box 2006 372 saws, and see all kinds of years saws since they are digging them out of all sorts of inventory from across the country. I think that saw was bought new just about a year ago.

Dave.

How bout ya pop the jug off and post some pics...???

Maybe Simon's doesn't want people knowing what is in his saws? He is entering the work saw buildoff so as of now its like a secret weapon...builders don't really share what they do. I know I don't tell the guys at my saw shop what I do to mine.

Simon can post if he wants, or I can post if he wanted me too. My guess is no, but maybe he wants a picture of his piston up, but then again, maybe not, lol. I will let him decide. Or buy the saw and then If you want me to take it apart, well its your saw, lol. Just kidding.

The "Scary fast" part is running it with a 24 inch bar. Normally these have a 32 to 34 inch bar and chain. Big difference going down that much. Dave.

Back