Simonized saws.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
May be we got a builder here on the scale of Treemonkey and Tlandrum. I'm clinically deaf, but I thought the 460 was thin on top. Stumper's Husky build yesterday looked that way, too. But it didn't bog down. Be nice and maybe get to learn somthin'.

Thanks, Treemonkey for the tip on the 361 coil transplant in my buddy's MS270. Muchas gracias. That one is in the bag.

BTW, I do look after my customers Fish. Please refrain from speculating on my integrity. I have several saws in the hands of AS members. Have you ever heard a single complaint?

I question the integrity of anyone that would place such beautiful animals in proximity to Molson's.

So we have put up with with you baiting some bullchit fights?

What is your agenda here?

C'mon Fish...you have your Master's degree in baiting...

i have one of simons cylinders on my 460 ,here is my opinion for who care to listen ,if you want a good saw that has a good pull with a long bar you can lean on without bogging in the cut that you can use for work ,you will be happy having him do the work ,if you want something to post videos on forums to say you can cut a 12 inch cookie in 1.3 seconds maybe consider another builder,i also noticed better fuel economy with his work ,a guy that is making a living with his saw will take that into consideration .

Modified by a hemlock snag. Luckily the faller got the heck out of the way before this happened 3 days ago.

Wow, that put a straight look on my face!

245711d1342861762-002-jpg

Holy Crap!!! On original post, why pick on this fine brother from the north? I just don't get it. Russ

I am not sure that we have read it!!

All it takes is one drop of blood in the water...and there is always blood when builders show up.

Simon has several black-belts in self defense...so in this unusual instance, none of the blood was his own.

Last edited:
So it normally is less than straight?

Fish...you're the linguistics guy...what is the opposite of straight?

An Arborist?

Now that's comedy...

That is funny. Thanx Fish. I thought you'd sober up by today.

This Simonizer cat is the real McCoy. Good picture there too, Simon.

You have to lurk for months and use the search function some, but you can turn up a thread like this occasionally. You got to like a guy who doesn't falter on self confidence. That's a trademark of a skilled mechanic. And as was stated, why bog us down with numbers, when she dogs in does she eat? I like a pile of sawchips you could write the names of most of Fish's cousins in.

I like a pile of sawchips you could write the names of most of Fish's cousins in.

That volley must be way over my head.

As far as self confidence, don't make that as your earmark of a skilled mechanic, as most of the chitty ones are chock full of self confidence too.

When job hunting, I always drop in and ask the owner if he needs a good mechanic. When he says , "No". I comeback with, "Well bow 'bout'
a chitty one, I can go either way!!!"

Latest posts

Back