Simonized saws.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Naw, still aiming way too high........

"Roast 'Em." "Smoke 'em if you got 'em." "Light 'em up." Burnout, layin' tread, burnin' rubber, hammerdown, pedal to metal, pedal through the metal. Burnin' rubber blistrin' asphalt...

'Cmon, are you really that old? Even Fred Flintstone could light up the tires.

No, drag racing/melting tires etc.. Just trying to figure out where my cousins fit in......

My cousin Cliff knows more about racing than anyone else here.......

If you want to reduce torque, the best thing you can do is start hogging out the transfer ports. Imagine the piston coming down and trying to displace the charge through the tranfer ports only to see they are larger. The charge has to fill a hallway instead of a nice tight little passage. The charge loses its velocity and atomization. Maximum torque occurs at maximum volumetric efficiency, typically around 65-70% of peak HP as related to RPM's. This is the most common mistake made in backyard modding. That is why we used to stuff crankcases to get rid of volume. If your transfer ports were big enough, there would be no tranfer at all. Hope that illustrates my point effectively. Cheers.
This quote makes me wonder about some of the work I see done on here. It also shows me how little i know about this stuff. Russ

This guy posted a year and some ago, laid out his intent, his prices, and gave his contact info. The subsequent posts were mostly redundancy in demands for references or charges on his credibility, when any of those guys could make a simple phone call. I hone out my own stuff but when I want to take one to the next level, I think I'll call The Simonizer.

This is a good thread to sort out guys who would swallow their pride and their foot from the overconfident types committed to nonsense who like to blow off based on scanning a title or just enough of a post to stoke their prolonged assault. It looks like Simon is still in business. I don't see much in the way of advertising from sawrods in the U.S. Is that an issue driven by EPA restrictions? Where are the websites?

Sorry, EWALK is a moron from another site that spouted incorrect dribble, and I got banned because I have no patience for morons.
Yes, it was in my mind early on that you were him.

This guy posted a year and some ago, laid out his intent, his prices, and gave his contact info. The subsequent posts were mostly redundancy in demands for references or charges on his credibility, when any of those guys could make a simple phone call. I hone out my own stuff but when I want to take one to the next level, I think I'll call The Simonizer.

This is a good thread to sort out guys who would swallow their pride and their foot from the overconfident types committed to nonsense who like to blow off based on scanning a title or just enough of a post to stoke their prolonged assault. It looks like Simon is still in business. I don't see much in the way of advertising from sawrods in the U.S. Is that an issue driven by EPA restrictions? Where are the websites?

OOOOPPPSSS. Over my head again.......

WTF are you talking about now?

Oh, you are referring to Simon???

Maybe you should start drinking, we may be able to follow then.....

Simon, "He Good People"........

Maybe you should extend your searches a bit more, and come back not being such an arse......

Guys, guys, guys,.......it's Saturday, it's summer, nobody is bombing our homes. Grab a cold beer, put on a smile and let's get along. This thread has too much eye-poking already.

Sorry, this one spilled over from another bar.......How are things up there?

Latest posts

Back