Simonized saws.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
GA Boy the saw is in transit. It should be here this week. I told Simon on the frontside I was in no hurry. I got it shipped to him late.

I've been busier than I ever dreamed we'd be at this time of year, we've done quite a bit of storm clean up after the Joplin tornado.

I think it will be here by Friday, as soon as it does, it'll get videoed and I'll put the before and after vids up. We're looking forward to running it. I've been so dang tired the last couple of weeks when I hit the house, the last thing I want to do is mess with a saw after running one all day. The combination of heat and humidity has been a killer the last 3 or 4 days. My old azz is dragging big time.

It's all good pops.. i mean indiansprings. :D
Get to it when ya can and i look forward to seeing the vids. Thanks in advance.

POPS! Hell, I've felt more like great gramps the last few nights.lol I sure can tell I've lost a step in this dang 93 degree 99% humidity weather. I don't know how you young studs do it anymore. It's not the sawing that is eating me up, it's the loading, dragging limbs that is getting to me, just the basic groundie work. Thank goodness for front end loaders!

It's the heat and humidity man, it sucks the life right out of ya. Frequent breaks in the shade and water are necessary.

Its here!!!!

Mine hit OC on Tuesday but I already had my week set,,,

Picked it up this afternoon and barely had time to get it dressed, fueled, lubed, and cranked before dark,,,

Shes wearing a 24"Husky bar w73LGX

made a few cuts and so far,,, so good!!!!

Gonna go drop a couple tomorrow and bust em up and see what its got!!!

I dont have any vids capability but We will see,,,:hmm3grin2orange:

That's My Plan!!!!

Have fun with it Rick, would be good to put 10 tanks through it before the competition/GTG.

I'm Working on that just Mixed 2.5 gals. non ethanol 93 octane/Stihl Ultra @ 40:1 both of my nephews have a bunch of Fire wood that needs blocking up, Should be able to run 5 tanks through this afternoon and tomorrow Morning, Hope fully then get 5 more tomorrow evening and Sunday Morning before Mass!!!!!!!

It should be ready to Rock then!!!!:laugh::laugh::laugh:

I'm Working on that just Mixed 2.5 gals. non ethanol 93 octane/Stihl Ultra @ 40:1 both of my nephews have a bunch of Fire wood that needs blocking up, Should be able to run 5 tanks through this afternoon and tomorrow Morning, Hope fully then get 5 more tomorrow evening and Sunday Morning before Mass!!!!!!!

It should be ready to Rock then!!!!:laugh::laugh::laugh:
The more through it the better. If you can put 50 tanks through it that would be great. Then we can lean it out a tad. About an 1/8th on the High speed needle.

The more through it the better. If you can put 50 tanks through it that would be great. Then we can lean it out a tad. About an 1/8th on the High speed needle.

I understand,,, 10 is real do-able,,, 50 is gonna be a bit of a stretch... before the 18th LOLOL!!!
I put 3.5 through it this evening and should get the same amount in the morning,,,
Im gonna try and post some pics if i can get someone to imbed them for me
View attachment 186255View attachment 186256View attachment 186257View attachment 186258

I understand,,, 10 is real do-able,,, 50 is gonna be a bit of a stretch... before the 18th LOLOL!!!
I put 3.5 through it this evening and should get the same amount in the morning,,,
View attachment 186255View attachment 186256View attachment 186257View attachment 186258

Here you go.

186255d1307160993-simonized365-372breakin-jpg

186256d1307161009-simonized365-372-jpg

186257d1307161039-simonized365-3722-jpg

186258d1307161050-simonized365-372-2breakin-jpg

Here is whats eating my lunch for run time on the saw,, the skidsteer has a busted hose to one of the track drive motors and I have to get it fixed,,, worked on it till 1030 last night just to get the hose off,,:bang:
View attachment 186298View attachment 186299View attachment 186300
not to mention the stumpgrinder operator didnt finish a job we had promised,, so had to stop break in time on the buildoff saw,,, and go finish that one too!!!:bang::bang:

Here is whats eating my lunch for run time on the saw,, the skidsteer has a busted hose to one of the track drive motors and I have to get it fixed,,, worked on it till 1030 last night just to get the hose off,,:bang:
View attachment 186298View attachment 186299View attachment 186300
not to mention the stumpgrinder operator didnt finish a job we had promised,, so had to stop break in time on the buildoff saw,,, and go finish that one too!!!:bang::bang:
How is it pulling now?

Glad to see yours arrived, mine should be here any day. I better call the local PO to see if the post mistresses is holding it.lol
It sure sounds like you like it, my parrot picked your saw to be in the top five, it's got to be a winner!
In the hay fields this week, I've have the wife keep an eye out for it.

Back