Simple chainsaw mod i come up with

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4x4American

Got Sawdust?
Reaction score
Now I'm not sure if i'm the only person in the world to think of this, tell me if any of yawl have done this too:
I went to the local bicycle shop, they have skateboard griptape there, I paid the guy $7 for a piece 18" x 8" or so. I came home, cut it our with a razor and fitted it to my newest saw, the 346xp. I wanted to see how i liked it...welp, I loved it. so much so that i wrapped my 362's whole rear handle in it, i put it all over my cell phone, my lighter, and i put some on my sharpie that i carry around with me. This stuff is TOUGH! very grippy and feels great to my hand. one of these days i am planning on wrapping the steering wheel in my truck with it. here's a picture, will post more later upon request.

View attachment 259288

looks like a good idea,i might try that on my sledge hammer if it will stick on a wooden handle

259288d1351220029-0926122002-jpg

thatd like sand your hand im thinking?! :0

I use hockey tape for grip in a lot of places. It works really well for hammer handles, and I used it on the front handgrip on my 020.

looks like a good idea,i might try that on my sledge hammer if it will stick on a wooden handle

It is made for skateboards and they are typically made of wood so a tool handle should be no problem.

Resistant to solvents? Fuel and oil?

If you hit 'replay with quote' on axlr8's post above, you can see what he did to make the pic. appear.

Doubtful it is resistant to solvents, fuel or oil. It is just tape afterall, very sticky tape but still tape.

Back