Stihl Chainsaw Recommendations

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
just texted him and he replied right away. he said there's not much else to say other then the ****** pin wears out lol he also told me that he realized the 460 pin part number is the same as the 461 so the 460 pin ain't gonna fix the issue.
Hi WC90 I Think it was Rouge60 or someone on the aussie dribble thread that prefered the old fat 660 clutch on the 661 part fits and the 660 part has been superceded/NLA to the new light weight 661 part, BUT it was pointed out soon after that the china ebay parts are the old Design.
Has this happened with the 460/461?
MCW or someone has a story of the tasmanian stihl tech switching the firmer loggers 25-1 to save bearings.
What oil ratio and ron was run In the worn out 461, just out of interest
Cheers
Jimbo

Sent from West Coast AUS

Saws here get whatever the companies mix. Usually 50:1. Sometimes 40:1. I actually prefer the old fat 660 clutch as well but only when they are new. Pretty ****** when they wear out and engage real early or spin the chain at idle. Spring wear a groove in the shoes so they are pretty well junk at that point. The new clutch has lighter shoes so it engages later and is easier on the springs. A way better setup for reliability but the saws seem to "clutch out" easier with it. Every eBay clutch I have bought for these saws was the new light design and they work great. I order them from hutzl. I got a couple sets of OEM springs in case but even the Chinese springs have been doing fine.

Saws here get whatever the companies mix. Usually 50:1. Sometimes 40:1. I actually prefer the old fat 660 clutch as well but only when they are new. Pretty ****** when they wear out and engage real early or spin the chain at idle. Spring wear a groove in the shoes so they are pretty well junk at that point. The new clutch has lighter shoes so it engages later and is easier on the springs. A way better setup for reliability but the saws seem to "clutch out" easier with it. Every eBay clutch I have bought for these saws was the new light design and they work great. I order them from hutzl. I got a couple sets of OEM springs in case but even the Chinese springs have been doing fine.
Shane, you cull! Why do you persist in trying to cut with the chain brake on?

Back