sithl 660 or husky 395

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cornraker

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
im looking to add a saw that will be used primarily for bucking logs. have a firewood business and i get whole logs delivered to the site and i need a big saw that will be used for bucking mostly. i've looked at these two models and i have no experience with them. just want to know if anybody owns one and what they think

I've owned and sawed timber with 4 394's and 395's all were very reliable but heavy as a pig and look like a humpback whale!!!. The 5 066's i've owned were also cutten fools and light weight for their size.

I have a feeling that you just opened up a can of worms that's going to be more based on brand loyalty than which one is the better choice.
When it really comes down to it either one is a good choice. Each has it's weakness and strengths. Both will serve you well. Just chose the one with the best dealer support in your area.

I have a 395xp and an 066. I love both saws, but I would pick the 395xp over the 066. But this is a personal preference and both are good saws.

I have a feeling that you just opened up a can of worms that's going to be more based on brand loyalty than which one is the better choice.
When it really comes down to it either one is a good choice. Each has it's weakness and strengths. Both will serve you well. Just chose the one with the best dealer support in your area.

I have a 395xp and an 066. I love both saws, but I would pick the 395xp over the 066. But this is a personal preference and both are good saws.

:agree2:

I have never used either, and is far from sure which one I would pick if I needed a 90cc saw, as both obviously have their weaknesses - most agree that the 395 is smoother in the cut though, despite what someone said here - but then there is the weight and the outboard clutch........:givebeer:

:agree2:

I have never used either, and is far from sure which one I would pick if I needed a 90cc saw, as both obviously have their weaknesses - most agree that the 395 is smoother in the cut though, despite what someone said here - but then there is the weight and the outboard clutch........:givebeer:

In the cut, yes the 395 is smoother but when limbing it is much rougher than the dolmar 9010 or the stihl 066!!!

Have owned both personally i think the 395 has better anti vibe ...both are very equal in the cut but being loyal to husky the 395 is my choice... my 66 was a damn good saw before it was stolen ,one of the only saws apart from the 46 from the stihl stable ive enjoyed working with..

Is the 372 the only one in the Husky stable that was smart enough to come with the inboard clutch? That is one thing that I feel is a pain with some of the huskies. Don't have the comparison between these, but that would send me towards the Stihl.

Back