sithl 660 or husky 395

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is the 372 the only one in the Husky stable that was smart enough to come with the inboard clutch? That is one thing that I feel is a pain with some of the huskies. Don't have the comparison between these, but that would send me towards the Stihl.

385/390 as well, and of course 371, 365, 362, as well as the 372.

:arg:

What is that??:confused:

A 366 is a husqvarna prototype saw. It will use a 372 bottom end, X-tork piston and cylinder of 66cc. The fuel tank will be the same as the 372 except for a metal strip protector in case the chain comes off. According to my husky rep this saw will be called the "thinners special". THIS IS NO JOKE:jawdrop:

A 366 is a husqvarna prototype saw. It will use a 372 bottom end, X-tork piston and cylinder of 66cc. The fuel tank will be the same as the 372 except for a metal strip protector in case the chain comes off. According to my husky rep this saw will be called the "thinners special". THIS IS NO JOKE:jawdrop:

Doesn't sound that interesting, power to weight probably will be pretty low.........:censored:

I feel the 660 is a little more versatile because it is lighter and handles better for me, that said, the 394/395's cut very strong. I pick up a 660 most of the time.

I prefer the 394 over the 395 and the 660 over both. It's a MUCH more versatile saw. It makes one hell of a firewood saw when ported with a 20" bar and an 8 pin sprocket.

I prefer the 394 over the 395 and the 660 over both. It's a MUCH more versatile saw. It makes one hell of a firewood saw when ported with a 20" bar and an 8 pin sprocket.

Hey Peacok, How do you like your 009L?

Both those saws are great saws. Comes down to brand loyalty. I have a 395 XPG and love the thing. Both are going to set you back about $1100.

Hey Peacok, How do you like your 009L?

It's a small, underpowered top handle. It was dirt cheap and it starts every time. For the price, it's great. Compared to most any other top handle it's underpowered.

If I had it my way, I'd have a 200 or even a 192.

I had both 660, 395. I also now have a 2100cd. I prefer the 660 over all of them and am still running it today, I also still have the 2100cd strong saw, I wish the 660 had a manual oiler

Latest posts

Back