Skil Electric Chainsaw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Skil Electric Chainsaw, How Old?

What can you guys tell me about this electric saw? It was in my dad's old shed. We don't know the age. We think it runs, but didn't try it out. The chain seemed a little bit tightish and I didn't have time to mess with it.
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
Electric Skil Chainsaw

I saw a newer one go on eBay this week. Tried to get it but was outbid.

The seller said it was the only electric he'd seen with a centrifugal clutch.

I'd love to have that, it looks like it's built like a tank.

Very handy for cutting down scrap wood for the furnace.

What can you guys tell me about this electric saw? It was in my dad's old shed. We don't know the age. We think it runs, but didn't try it out. The chain seemed a little bit tightish and I didn't have time to mess with it.
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

I had a Leccy saw that looked very similar, was a Porter Cable, could this one be rebadged? as a good few of Skil`s gas saws were made by other companys

Solid !

All-metal construction !

Boy, I'd like to find one of those. I'd even be willing to rebuild the motor or try to replace it.

The specs on that page say AC or DC... um, no.

It may be a DC motor though. I hear a lot of power tools actually convert to DC.

If it ran on both 110 and 220 that's fairly impressive.

A "Leccy" saw?

I may have to search for that.

Slowp, those are interesting saws, I had one for awhile. I found they bring a pretty good chunk of change so I let mine go.

Yours looks to have a pretty short bar on it for a western saw, I just happen to know a guy with a NOS bar that is longer. PM me if you would like to have it. They have a unique backwards mount on that bar and might be hard to find.

Wow. I posted that a while ago.

I think we were wanting to sell it at the time, but I needed to research the market. I think it still runs? Not sure though. I guess we should plug it in and see one of these days.

The saw lives a few hours away from me.

All-metal construction !

Boy, I'd like to find one of those. I'd even be willing to rebuild the motor or try to replace it.

The specs on that page say AC or DC... um, no.

It may be a DC motor though. I hear a lot of power tools actually convert to DC.

If it ran on both 110 and 220 that's fairly impressive.

A "Leccy" saw?

I may have to search for that.

There are lots of tools that will go ac/dc Dewalt, makita, milwaukee all make grinders and other tools. Mostley used by welders.

I've been eyeing some of the 'vintage' electric saws on eBay. A stupid question--Do some of them, such as the saw in this thread, actually require a generator to use them?

Hey, I warned y'all it was a stupid question!

I've been eyeing some of the 'vintage' electric saws on eBay. A stupid question--Do some of them, such as the saw in this thread, actually require a generator to use them?

How long of an extension cord do you have? It's gota plug into something in the woods....

No generator. Just plug in to 120 outlet. These were made when we had 110.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

got one of these on my workbench right now. Older gentleman in the neighborhood brought it in for a chain sharpening and "Check-up".
Its a older unit then the one posted above, S/N C-350244
I'll try to upload a pic tomorrow.

Back