Slab Tables From Tropical Hardwoods - chainsaw milled???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

7oaks

DRUGSTORE LOGGER
Reaction score
Just returned from a 2 week trip to Panama and in the Hotel we stayed in Panama City were numerous slab tables made from tropical hardwoods that I found interesting and thought I'd share here. The first one caught my eye because it appears to have been milled with a chainsaw. What do you think?

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

An interesting leg pattern!
attachment.php

And finally the "piece de resistance"!!
attachment.php

View attachment 273229View attachment 273230View attachment 273231View attachment 273232View attachment 273233

slabs

Very unlikely! Those marks look to me as though they came from a circular saw. Those woods are much more difficult to cut than our native American species such as white oak, sugar maple, hickory, honey locust, & several others which present a serious test to any chain saw.

Angry beaver !

Seriously, those look like a small circular saw was used, maybe even a table saw.

John

Definitely not a chainsaw or bandsaw, the marks left by them would go straight across each board from side to side. Most likely a small circular saw as the circular pattern on each side reaches about half of the board width indicating that the cut was done from each side and intersecting somewhere near the center of each board.

Latest posts

Back