Sling'rs official professional chain grinding.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tree Sling'r

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Ship to:
Jasha Reynolds
6217 Scott River Rd.
Fort Jones, CA 96032

Price:
Introductory rate of $7.50 per loop

Shipping:
USPS Priority flat rate boxes $5.80 for 315 drive links or less, $11.60 for 630dl or less, and $12.75ish for more. Special shipments will be price determined.

Oregon and Stihl loops available, 325 3/8 .063 full skip chisel in Stihl and Oregon and 325 3/8 .50 in Oregon.

Payments made to me via check or PayPal @ [email protected]

When sending chain please include your name, address, user name and type of wood, soft or hard, I'll using two different angles on two different machines. I will ship back with custom order form.

Service will include rakers set and cutters square ground. No picco chain, safety chain - professional chain only.

Am I understanding correctly that you'll only do chains with a square grind? I bought a loop of square ground chisel once and was really impressed with the cut speed, but had to file it back to round ground chisel with a round file after it dulled. If you'll do round ground on full chisel (stihl RS or Oregon LGX) chain, I'll send you some loops when I get 4-6 that need work. I've got nobody local that knows what they're doing.

Will you be doing full chisel too? I'm a fan of oregon's LGX. The stihl shop where I bring it always seems to manage to burn the cutters somehow and leave burrs.

Realistically, what is the difference grind wise between the Hardwood and Softwood grinds?

I understand that the chains ground for softwood will do better in softwood, and vice versa, but physically what is the difference?

Not being picky and probably will send some chains in a couple weeks but do you have a best of both worlds chain?

I don't mind having a few chains though. lol

Realistically, what is the difference grind wise between the Hardwood and Softwood grinds?

I understand that the chains ground for softwood will do better in softwood, and vice versa, but physically what is the difference?

Just angles, raker heights will remain the same on each. Although either angle will work great in either situation.

Not being picky and probably will send some chains in a couple weeks but do you have a best of both worlds chain?

I don't mind having a few chains though. lol
Either angle will be sufficient, but I will need user feedback to see what works best for others.

Just angles, raker heights will remain the same on each. Although either angle will work great in either situation.
Good.

I plan on sending you some tomorrow.

Hopefully I can get muh Sword back from the monkey, and with all his extra magic, slay these big oaks we've got on the brain.

MMMS660XM

Latest posts

Back