Sling'rs official professional chain grinding.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Metals406

Metals406

Granfodder Runningsaw
Blows my mind someone isn't copying and producing a Ziggy grinder?? If they're that much better than Silvey or Simington.

I know Cody T. really likes his Ziggy raker grinder.

morewood

morewood

ArboristSite Guru
. AS Supporting Member.
I finally got to run and compare the chains at the GTG. First and foremost, in soft or clean wood it isn't a comparison in either full comp or skip. No chain I have run for my personal use can cut with these. None of my round ground cuts as quick. Also, I don't know if it really dulls any quicker that round ground in not so perfect wood. In hard wood(oak, locust, hickory) it still cuts quicker, just doesn't seem to be as much of a difference. I guess it now comes down to cost to sharpen and learn to file versus round filing. One of my chains went down in flames at the GTG(look for the pic of the nail), but doesn't look all that bad. All in all I would say it's a great deal. Thanks for the chain.

Shea

zogger

zogger

Tree Freak
I finally got to run and compare the chains at the GTG. First and foremost, in soft or clean wood it isn't a comparison in either full comp or skip. No chain I have run for my personal use can cut with these. None of my round ground cuts as quick. Also, I don't know if it really dulls any quicker that round ground in not so perfect wood. In hard wood(oak, locust, hickory) it still cuts quicker, just doesn't seem to be as much of a difference. I guess it now comes down to cost to sharpen and learn to file versus round filing. One of my chains went down in flames at the GTG(look for the pic of the nail), but doesn't look all that bad. All in all I would say it's a great deal. Thanks for the chain.

Shea

That was an unreal nail hit!

Which saw had the treesling'r chain on it?

Latest posts