Small Jonsered ID

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi All,

This little saw has been in the family for many years. Other than the serial number tag I can find no markings on it. It's pretty dirty from sitting but runs great. I haven't used it much in the past few years as I prefer lugging one of my heavier 65cc saws to using a small, slower saw once I get to a site.

Can anyone ID this little guy? I have it sitting next to my 2165 for comparison. It looks bigger that it actually is sitting in the foreground in the side view. Any idea of the value of one of these?

Thanks in advance!

Steve

Hi All,

This little saw has been in the family for many years. Other than the serial number tag I can find no markings on it. It's pretty dirty from sitting but runs great. I haven't used it much in the past few years as I prefer lugging one of my heavier 65cc saws to using a small, slower saw once I get to a site.

Can anyone ID this little guy? I have it sitting next to my 2165 for comparison. It looks bigger that it actually is sitting in the foreground in the side view. Any idea of the value of one of these?

Thanks in advance!

Steve

That is a 361.....sold by Jonsereds but not produced by them.....Fronteer or Quad Mfg.....

It is one of the cheap 34cc "homeowner" saws made in Canada in the 1970s and -80s (likely a M361), and sold under a lot of brand names.

It is not a true Jonsered(s), and value is close to zero.

Last edited:
Thanks for the quick responses!

That confirmed my thoughts about the value, I guess I'll stick it back in the shed in case I'm caught without one of the bigger saws nearby.

Looking at adding a 550 XP to the stable soon which got me thinking about possibly selling this one if it would bring any value.

Steve

Chris J,

Thanks for the link. It definitely looks like one of those with the addition of the plastic chain brake handle.

Steve

Back