snag with a pusher

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I understand the rush you get when you are falling a tree, but you need to settle down before you tackle stuff like that. Take a second and observe what the hell is going on around you. It's easy to get carried away with playing with saws, and even easier to have something go disastrously wrong when you aren't paying attention.

If you are cutting alone, whether you like it or not you should be wearing PPE. You shouldn't be cutting by yourself anyways.

Well i see that your still up to the "i dident cut them trees there , thoes stumps look like ####", it would be believeable if you dident cut identical ones in your videos!

And quit calling regular trees snags...

ps: have you been doing any heli logging lately??

hay come on now i left a hinge on my trees that was a snag it was dead and the heli logging was a one time deal

Yea you really gotta get your self a hard hat and some chaps. I got wacked about a year ago and the hard hat saved my life. It dosent take much of a limb to do a lotta dammage to you especially when its commin down from 60feet in the air. those rakers seem darn low too, deffinatly low for cuttin hard wood, you shouldent have to fight that saw so much or well really at all.

the reason i fought some much with the saw is because the bar is wore and cuts kinda odd sometimes

Other than the obvious about the ppe ( a hardhat being the absolute minimum - especially with visible rot )

1) not putting the tree in front down and putting a much heavier tree down on top of it amongst high-stumps (fatalities)

2) sloping notch ( ditto )

3) not having a clear plan of exit ( ditto )

4) Felling onto high-stumps ( ditto, and wasteful too)

5)Getting over excited ( most likely ditto, but who knows-you can't ask )

6) It doesn't look like you have someone nearby to help you out if something goes wrong. This is good practice at all times, and is critical when you are unsure of what you are doing (ditto )

There's a few other ditto's in there but I decided to be generous.

Congratulations, you have three lives left!

Seriously though, I hope this video was done for instructional purposes only. If so-kudos to you. If not- best go do some reading so you can make a safer video.

:clap::rock::clap::rock: Could Not have said it any better!! :clap::rock::clap::rock:

it could be but i think it is the bar

Maybe buy a new bar if it is junk? Wouldn't want you to get hurt over something so inexpensive..

Question, I believe I saw another video of yours, the voice and accent sound familiar to me. Anyway, in both vids you showed stumps and said that you did not cut them. Are you cutting on public lands that allow the public to cut? Just askin cuz I wish we could cut on public lands in my state. I asked my town if I could cut a huge blow down across an enterance of a picknick/conservation land.

I got the "no way dude" answer.

Maybe buy a new bar if it is junk? Wouldn't want you to get hurt over something so inexpensive..

Question, I believe I saw another video of yours, the voice and accent sound familiar to me. Anyway, in both vids you showed stumps and said that you did not cut them. Are you cutting on public lands that allow the public to cut? Just askin cuz I wish we could cut on public lands in my state. I asked my town if I could cut a huge blow down across an enterance of a picknick/conservation land.

I got the "no way dude" answer.

it is my land i was doing some matenice

I'll add another flaw.. walking with a running saw and blipping the throttle. I swear I heard the chain moving without the brake on. First time you fall on a saw you will learn..if you live. There is no way that saw should have had any trouble with that tree. Your chain isn't right or your saw isn't right. The bar has nothing to do with it. Stop "blipping" the throttle.

Ut-oh this guy has never had a bar with badly worn guides!!

EASY GUYS!!!!
Chris posted up a few videos on you tube. A few were found by members here and MANY of us, myself included mind you, had a lot of laughs and made insidious comments about them.
Chris was led here, and obviously wishes to learn. We all have done, and still do dumb things, just most of us don't video it. He has the balls to come here and ask to learn what he is doing right and wrong. There isn't any reason to berate the man. Educate him, but the nastiness isn't warranted!
I also cut alone. I can't find decent help! This is why I bought the mini. I run 100 miles each way, cut, load and haul it home. Sometimes you do what you have to.
So can we please take this down a notch or two and try and be helpful?

I think the dumbest thing I do is im not smart enough to get out of logging!! I think he will be allright just got to learn those safety things like getting the hell away from a falling tree.

EASY GUYS!!!!
Chris posted up a few videos on you tube. A few were found by members here and MANY of us, myself included mind you, had a lot of laughs and made insidious comments about them.
Chris was led here, and obviously wishes to learn. We all have done, and still do dumb things, just most of us don't video it. He has the balls to come here and ask to learn what he is doing right and wrong. There isn't any reason to berate the man. Educate him, but the nastiness isn't warranted!
I also cut alone. I can't find decent help! This is why I bought the mini. I run 100 miles each way, cut, load and haul it home. Sometimes you do what you have to.
So can we please take this down a notch or two and try and be helpful?

hay thanks man that is all i am here for :rock:

Latest posts

Back