Snakes: Be careful out there!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That was a big a$$ copper head! Got a few around here, but they tend to be shy. Got more timbers than anything, well poisonous anyways. I have seen a cotton mouth here(not a banded water snake, a real cotton mout). The main place i cut has a 55 acre lake on it and we were down fishing when it kinda charged my brother. Man thats a fat snake. Lucky the 22 for beavers. my grandpa turned it into a belt and ate the meat. not bad tasting.

That was a big a$$ copper head! Got a few around here, but they tend to be shy. Got more timbers than anything, well poisonous anyways. I have seen a cotton mouth here(not a banded water snake, a real cotton mout). The main place i cut has a 55 acre lake on it and we were down fishing when it kinda charged my brother. Man thats a fat snake. Lucky the 22 for beavers. my grandpa turned it into a belt and ate the meat. not bad tasting.

Ehhhhh are you at the far south of your state? Cottonmouth
are not a cold loving snake. They are found in southern climates
and have many lookalikes!

about 15 miles south of topeka, so no. i know they have a lot of look alikes, but this was a couple summers ago when we had no real winters for a couple years. And i know what they look like. i couldnt believe it either, but i have to believe it was a fluke thing. i dont beleieve we have a breeding population or anything. just saw an killed one.

about 15 miles south of topeka, so no. i know they have a lot of look alikes, but this was a couple summers ago when we had no real winters for a couple years. And i know what they look like. i couldnt believe it either, but i have to believe it was a fluke thing. i dont beleieve we have a breeding population or anything. just saw an killed one.

I suppose it is possible for one to hitch hike on a boat from
south to north. I have seen so many people here that could
not tell the differance between a true cottonmouth and the
many other watersnakes we have some with diamond shaped
heads and fake fangs. They look identical almost the cottonmouth
is one nasty temper sob:cheers:

Back