Snellerized 50 cc shootout

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rymancm

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I put together this video clip of 3 Snellerized saws I run on a regular basis (I also own 261s from Randy but they are 100 miles away so unfortunately I could not include them today.)

Saw#1 is an MS261 with about 150 tanks through it. Saw#2 is a 346xp with about 50 tanks throught it. Saw#3 is a 346xp with the intake tract from a 357. It has only 12 tanks through it and I suspect it is not fully broken in yet. All saws were ported by Brad and all are run with 16" .325 new RSC chain.

I have not timed the cuts but I'm sure somebody will. They all cut amazing. I felt I could lean harder on the Huskys in the bigger wood which is NOT what most people would expect. This is a critical test for the Stihl because it comes to the table at a disadvantage. It is heavier, bulkier, less snappy and has worse handling. If it fails to win in the torque department then it has no more cards to play. Game over.

This is one test on one day.

Tell me what you think...

[video=youtube;aUJz0ZMrf_c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUJz0ZMrf_c[/video]

Saw #2 346xp without the 357 intake appears to be the best out of the bunch.............now get to cleaning up the mess you made:hmm3grin2orange:

All three are impressive..
I love your # 3 saw the best.
I did not time your cuts, but it sure sounds good.

They all three cut very nice!

Just tested in 13" ash. Best 1 cut times

ported 50cc 346 7T 325 narrow kerf chain 17.00

stock 50cc 346 with stock muffler 7T 3/8 15.09

ported 50cc 346 same as above 7T 3/8 12.22 same chain run on stock 346. ;)

all running 7pins?

if so, try them all out with 8pins.

8 325 is like 7 3/8 :msp_wink: 8 3/8 would be like 9 325 and this saw wont pull either IMHO.

I only tested to show owner difference in his set compared to what I like. :msp_tongue:

By the way young I have no clue about chainsaws so maybe you could tell me whats up please. :rock:

Last edited:
8 325 is like 7 3/8 :msp_wink: 8 3/8 would be like 9 325 and this saw wont pull either IMHO.

I only tested to show owner difference in his set compared to what I like. :msp_tongue:

By the way young I have no clue about chainsaws so maybe you could tell me whats up please. :rock:

the question was for the OP, since he didnt post what he was using.

i would hope a ported 50cc would have no issues pulling 9pin 325.

Last edited:
I'm having a bit of a problem timing my cuts. Maybe it's my stop watch operator? Consistency is the problem, one test a certain saw is fastest another test it is slower. I was only making one cut, would it be better to make 3 or 4 cuts timed?

Latest posts

Back