Snellerized Saws Re-Visits the MS241C

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These new mods make a world of difference. It takes the saw to a whole different level. I'm very pleased with them now, so much so that I'm keeping the one I bought to experiment on. I used it a couple weeks ago to help my next door neighbor with a tree.

The older I get the more I appreciate small ported saws

Do you have a small mount .325 bar lying around Brad? I'd like to see the difference with this new recipe. My 241 is only muffler modded and it amazes me how well it pulls 16" .325. Its definitely faster than a stock ms260 and right there with a modded one. I like he PS chain on my 200/201t's but I prefer the .325 on the 241. Holds up much better.

Do you have a small mount .325 bar lying around Brad? I'd like to see the difference with this new recipe. My 241 is only muffler modded and it amazes me how well it pulls 16" .325. Its definitely faster than a stock ms260 and right there with a modded one. I like he PS chain on my 200/201t's but I prefer the .325 on the 241. Holds up much better.

ive ran both .325 and 3/8 picco extensively on these saws and i cant tell a difference in durability..maybe its the wood i cut ?..i use the PM 90% of the time.

ive ran both .325 and 3/8 picco extensively on these saws and i cant tell a difference in durability..maybe its the wood i cut ?..i use the PM 90% of the time.
I cut a LOT of dead locust and blow downs so its not exactly clean or soft wood. It's very common to see sparks from the wood as it's getting dark out. I hate semi-chisel chain so I run RS, or LGX and sharpen it frequently. I run PS on the TH saws but it does not last in the dirty conditions. The cutter holds an edge decent enough but the chassis is shot before the cutter is worn out.

I cut a LOT of dead locust and blow downs so its not exactly clean or soft wood. It's very common to see sparks from the wood as it's getting dark out. I hate semi-chisel chain so I run RS, or LGX and sharpen it frequently. I run PS on the TH saws but it does not last in the dirty conditions. The cutter holds an edge decent enough but the chassis is shot before the cutter is worn out.

Must be it , 90% of the wood i cut is green .. there may be a difference in durability for my use and its so small i just dont notice it.

I didnt like semi-chizz either at one time , some guys showed me some tricks to file it and i learned to like it..after a few swipes with a file it cuts pretty damn good.

It's a Picco rim setup.

I find the ported 241 is a bit much for picco. I don't get very long out of a picco chain at all on my 241. It runs NK very well, and the teeth last much, much longer. While not as fast with standard 325, it does rather well with that as well.

Here she is in semi seasoned ash on an 18" bar(and being dogged in with reversed spikes)before she ripped the picco chain in two:

How's da mileage? I like how mine sips fuel. But it does have pooling issues. I bet if I gutted the strato, that would stop.
It gets worse gutted on the mileage. Basically u r using the strato ports for transfer ports after gutting the way I see it? On long idles mine will load a tad off idle but fine once u blip the throttle and cuts very good! How can u tell yours is pooling?

It only lags if it is sitting upright at idle for more than maybe 20 seconds or so. If I lay it on it's side, it has no throttle lag at all. So... I lay it on it's side. When I get off my duff, I'll replace the intake with a newer model(assuming the part #'s are different, since Stihl has acted like this issue does not exist). But here in Ireland, that is an expensive solution. The problem only seems to be with the earlier models(this is a 2012).

Back