So aparently i'm a criminal

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RDAA

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
So I ran into a friend that I haven't seen in a while and was informed that his co-worker that I dropped everything to run down 45 minutes away to rescue one half of a co-dominant good sized split oak that split apart in a storm that was barely hung up in a neighboring tree overhanging his house. Thought that I ****ed him over by overcharging him for charging 1400 bucks for spending a whole day rigging this hazardous tree that was hazardous for myself and his property also to include removing another good sized ash tree, that included bringing one other man, chipper, bucket and skid loader. We got everything down chipped all of the brush and loaded the logs into their old dump truck. I told him the price he wrote me a check and away we went. I ended up loosing another good job in the process since this job took up scheduled time because the guy couldn't wait and got someone else. As we were leaving the neighbor had asked about some work so I gave them a price and scheduled them out for a date. Well apparently this guy never said anything to me about the price apparently being too high. He went to the neighbors and convinced them to not use my services since I'm a criminal. So that is how I found out why the neighbors backed out on me. I want to go beat this SOB senseless!

As we were leaving the neighbor had asked about some work so I gave them a price and scheduled them out for a date.!

As in.....as you were leaving your co-worker's friend's job, you quoted a price for his client's neighbour.
Which I will opine is unethical.
I would have declined to have given them a quote, and suggested they contact the co-worker's friend for one.

As in.....as you were leaving your co-worker's friend's job, you quoted a price for his client's neighbour.
Which I will opine is unethical.
I would have declined to have given them a quote, and suggested they contact the co-worker's friend for one.

I think it was his friends co-workers job I might have it wrong though haha

My friend referenced my to this job. It was his co worker. He is a chemical applicator for a cooperative.

This is why I don't like working for friends, friends of friends , neighbors, relatives etc. etc. I would rather it be someone I've never met before who has no expectations of getting a good or bad deal.

If he used the word criminal, he is liable for a slander suit. And you can objectively measure how much it cost you ( your other neighbor's job). Contact a lawyer or confront him and tell him to recant. You are in the right.

To confusing for a Saturday
I basically gave him a really fair price on a hazardous pain in the ass job that I dropped everything to do. In the end he thought I screwed him. He convinced his neighbors that I lined up work with to back out. Basically by taking on this job previously scheduled work got bumped back, so I lost a scheduled job because the ho couldn't wait. Just a crappy deal.

Could the problem be that your customer was given the price by you when you finished the job and not before you started ?

I have never done a job for any owner without a firm arrangement as to what service would be done, and what the price would be. I have several city departments that call me for urgent work, and sometimes they just trust me on the price.

Needless to say, anytime you start a job without a common understanding as to price and services rendered, there is a huge probability that someone will be unhappy when the final check clears the bank.

Latest posts

Back