So...heres the story

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tree Sling'r

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
10 a.m: Went to the book keeper this morning. He said, "You need more write off", $42K was not enough.
12 p.m: It was snowing at car lot, my wifes new car sure drove nice in the snow.

1:30 p.m: The two brand new MS460s in boxes had to go in the front seat and floor, because it was a rainy and snowy mix. The 2 Oregon reduced weight bars, the roll of chain, the three extra loops for the 880, the ported faceplates for the 460s and the three Max-Flo filter kits could fit in the back seat.

3 p.m: Madsen's said my 2 new 372xpw's and my 390xp along with after market Pro-Saftey dawgs and two Husqvarna unlimited coils will arrive by Friday.

So I bought my wife an SUV (Financed most of it due to finance vs. cash vs. IRS reasons) Bought 5 saws, 2 bars, 3 Max-Flo's, 3 chains, 1 roll of chain, 2 face plates, 2 coils and 1 set of dawgs.

All because I worked my azz off this year, paid bills off, built up my busniess account to have a relaxing winter. Well, I can still relax.

2008 saw break down: 385xp, 372xpw (3), 390xp (2), MS460 (2), MS880, Stihl pole saw.

So my new purchases will be modded and sold to other saps like me who need more write off.
Waah huh.

Tree Sling'r said:
All because I worked my azz off this year, paid bills off, built up my busniess account to have a relaxing winter. Well, I can still relax.

Haha Jasha, you'll have full time work this winter working on your saws. I'm pretty much in the same boat.

So that reminds me, I can send my 660 down in Jan. and you'll have time to do a cut down cylinder and pop-up piston?:biggrinbounce2: (hint, hint)

10 a.m: Went to the book keeper this morning. He said, "You need more write off", $42K was not enough.
12 p.m: It was snowing at car lot, my wifes new car sure drove nice in the snow.

1:30 p.m: The two brand new MS460s in boxes had to go in the front seat and floor, because it was a rainy and snowy mix. The 2 Oregon reduced weight bars, the roll of chain, the three extra loops for the 880, the ported faceplates for the 460s and the three Max-Flo filter kits could fit in the back seat.

3 p.m: Madsen's said my 2 new 372xpw's and my 390xp along with after market Pro-Saftey dawgs and two Husqvarna unlimited coils will arrive by Friday.

So I bought my wife an SUV (Financed most of it due to finance vs. cash vs. IRS reasons) Bought 5 saws, 2 bars, 3 Max-Flo's, 3 chains, 1 roll of chain, 2 face plates, 2 coils and 1 set of dawgs.

2008 saw break down: 385xp, 372xpw (3), 390xp (2), MS460 (2), MS880, Stihl pole saw.

So my new purchases will be modded and sold to other saps like me who need more write off.
Waah huh.

:jawdrop: It must be nice........

Haha Jasha, you'll have full time work this winter working on your saws. I'm pretty much in the same boat.

So that reminds me, I can send my 660 down in Jan. and you'll have time to do a cut down cylinder and pop-up piston?:biggrinbounce2: (hint, hint)

I'm not hard to find, anytime - I'm layed off.

Waah huh.

460: $$$???

Yes it is. Bust your ass for seven or eight months and kick back in the winter time.

And a lot of that ground those fires were on in NorCal this year was really unforgiving. I beat myself up daily on the Iron and Whiskeytown complexes. I talked to some old boys on the Ukonom and that had some really nasty ground in it. The kind of ground you guys are logging in normally there.:cry:

nah...u said you were gonna sell them to other poor saps.......Not that i haven't bought any other saws in the last week!!

Hey Tree Sling'r,

I'm a den leader for my local cub scout troop. We're non-profit. If you'd like to send one of those 460s my way, you could write it off as a charitable deduction along with your write off for equipment expense. I'd send you a receipt.

:cheers: :cheers:

Latest posts

Back