so how hot has it been

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wow 73° must be a heat wave:), I has been in the 80's 3 days this summer 70's maybe 8 days other that that low 60's and in the 50's. Mostly in the 40's during the night. suposed to warm up today....hope so. garden needs some sun.

I understand it gets cold where you are yoop. Loved the pics of your outhouse: http://arboristsite.com/showpost.php?p=1631482&postcount=1325

FreezeYouButtOff.jpg

It's been a very cool summer so far here in the Commonwealth of Kaine. And rainy, kinda cloudy. I still have some cabbage growing that is still trying to head up that was planted in late March.

We are on track for like the 7th coolest July since the 40's..I like it.
I hate the heat especially with humidity.
Plus it's been dry so the skeeters are real low.
All of the bats look like they went on Jenny Craig. Poor flying rats!

yeah been like that here 2 it has been cool here in my area bout a month ago before that it was horrible cold windy,rainy and even snow yeah although this year has been odd it blows in the venings which i dont mind but it blows hard which it never used 2 so idk

Al Gore Is A Fool
hit 90 1 time this year,lows @ nite are in the 50s& 60s....daytime 70-80.Around here its usually in the 90s every day till september. Not complaining at all:deadhorse:

Al Gore is not a fool. It's all of the people who buy into his lies that are the fools.

In fact, just two months ago, ABC News.com estimated soon-to-be-Nobel Laureate Al Gore's net worth at $100 million, which isn't bad considering that he was supposedly worth about $1 million when he watched George W. Bush get sworn in as president in January 2001.

Coldest Summer Ever?

This may be the coldest summer in the history of eastern Nebraska.

If it does not reach 90 F tomorrow, it will be the first time in all of weather-keeping history that Omaha, Nebraska failed to reach 90 F in the month of July.

Global warming? Poppycock! The local electric utilities are in a cash flow problem. Nobody is air conditioning anything. :dizzy:

!

Tonight it was a beautiful 75-80 degrees.

So I decided to go out and split the load of wood we brought home last weekend. It's all been seasoned a little over a year. Found a few huge chunks of maple and those bastards are still heavy as heck! The rest was oak. Ended up around a cord and a half. Still have to stack to find out for sure.

Next week looks like it will be in the mid 70's all week. Got to love global warming!

It has been like watching the movie Groundhog day here. Same thing rain, rain, rain. Summer has got to show up soon........right?

From what I can see you'll be seeing rain for the next few days and then another low is right behind that so keep your rain slicker hanging by the front door.

My primary firewood cutting area has been the mid 80's for the last month or so. I'll wait till the middle of Sept to start cutting there when it is in 60's! It is much nicer when your not sweating to the point where you burn through one gallon of water in a couple of hours! The type of wood that I cut is a pain! Pinon pine generates alot of slash, that has to be moved out of the way. Me and my father fell trees in a straight line, combine bucked up logs into piles in a straight line. Final load and then stack in the truck. Last unload at are homes. Between the both of us, thats about 13000 lbs of weight moved, nice thing is that during firewood season. I can eat anything I what to!!!

:givebeer:

It's been in the high 80s here for a week with very low humidity, but today is hot and humid with rain clouds a coming. I have 3/4 of a cord to split and It is almost dry rounds that have been sitting for a year so they will be seasoned by Sept if the warm weather continues. I am ready for Winter and on my way, but ran out of space for 2011 wood.

How hot has it been??

Yesterday Satan knocked on my door and asked for a glass of water. I told him to go pound dirt and suck on a cactus. :hmm3grin2orange:

Seriously, It was 110° yesterday.....in the shade, here in Tucson. Normally we are at 100-105° with rainstorms in the evenings. Weird rainy "monsoon" season this year with not a lot of rainfall.

valleyboy

High 80s to low 90s during the day. Drops to low to mid 60s at night. Been a desert rat all my life. Doesn't bother me.

Short on land.

It's been in the high 80s here for a week with very low humidity, but today is hot and humid with rain clouds a coming. I have 3/4 of a cord to split and It is almost dry rounds that have been sitting for a year so they will be seasoned by Sept if the warm weather continues. I am ready for Winter and on my way, but ran out of space for 2011 wood.

I ran out of space for 2010 wood. One step at a time. I'm short on land and have no place to store the big rounds because the taxes on land around here are off the chart. Stupid, stupid, stupid. :censored:

Today was the first day it got up to the upper 80's/lower 90's since the end of May/beginning of June. Also has been rainy as of late, but we need it here. The end of July into August is usually hot, humid and miserable around here. But we've apperently been up 20 degrees under average this time of year. Lately it gets into the 60s-70s during the day and 60s, 50s and even 40s a few times at night. But I'll take it. Haven't had many mosquitos ether, which is a good thing. They're usually terrible this time of year.

I took this picture at 2 AM (Pacific time) this morning.

All time high records broke Tues(103), yesterday (106) and today (107 forcasted). This reminds me of the south-southeast.

Tuesday I was watering our Luciano olive trees; some water was spilling out of the tank as I was on a slope... A rufus humming birds was bathing in the water, inches from me. What a sight.

just curious how hot the weather has been around your area? i am kinda ticked off because it is way 2 hot to run a chainsaw its been staying around 105 and this is the timw of the year for me to gather.

Current temp is 64, been running a little cool for the past couple of weeks.
Which is the way I like it, allot easier to get work done outside when it is below 75.

July in Ky. has been the coolest July on record so far and it looks like it will stand. There has been only one 90 degree day recorded and only in one city.

We're going to have cool years and we're going to have hot years. Next year may be completely the opposite of this year. I don't know what it'll be and I know just as much as Al Gore.

Global Warming is a man made lie made to control us and to raise taxes.

Back