So I can't figure out what's easier

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So everyone has been great on here, both on the forum and in the PM's about this saw. I have included pictures of the 2 flaws that bring the monetary value of the saw down. The first is just the cover, at the front where the previous muffler melted the heck out of it. I put one of the replacement "jungle type" of mufflers on the saw. The other flaw is part of the actual case halve. It is where the top/rear screw from the rewind screws in, therefore, it can't screw in there. Never run into a problem, but it is a flaw nonetheless. That is primarily why I wasn't comfortable with the entire Ebay thing. Going back to the bad Karma, I don't want someone to get this saw and be as disappointed as the gentleman from Long Island with the 044 from California. Anyway, here's the other pic's... Thanks again everyone for your advice.

Jason
DSC07424.jpg

DSC07415.jpg

DSC07423.jpg

DSC07422.jpg

Thats not one of those overseas sprocket covers is it ;).

I think it is

I think it is. I have one on the older 288 as well, havent had a problem with it yet. The chainbrake works well, although the size of the strap seems a little small for a 88cc saw. The inside is stamped AM original on the handle and PC original on the cover, with the Husq part numbers.

If I run into a problem with the cover I have left, I will post about it... I am looking forward to how this will work out as well:popcorn:

Jason

The saw has been shipped, thank you Joatman...

Jason:)

Jason, cool deal.

I'll treat it like any other member of my saw harem. I'll work it hard. But when I'm finished for the day, I'll sharpen it's chain. I'll blow out all chips and debris, I'll faithfully check the air filter. After a careful wipedown, it will be put in it's rightful storage place. If I intent not to use it for a time, I will empty the fuel tank and let it run out.

I also affirm that I will use premium gas at a 40:1 ratio with a top quality oil like the Stihl Ultra I'M currently using, and it'll always be fresh.

I will also attempt to keep the carb in adjustment, no too lean, not too rich insuring that the 288 will always be eager to run and always wanting to please me by not stalling if I should lean on it a bit too much.

I will never slight this saw and will make it fell welcome amounst it's newer, shinnier brethern. It's visible blemish will melt before my eyes and never cause me to reach for another saw.

Certified by Mr. Tommie Hall as a nice ole man,

Joat

Latest posts

Back