So........ I just accidentally bought a saw....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You didn't do so bad, think of it as knocking up a good looking girl. You could have "practiced" on a Poulan or some other piece of crap.

So now your stuck with a popular "girl" ...... you'll be fine.

Sam

I "accidentally" but stuff all the time. Don't beat yourself up too bad -- you're in good company :givebeer:

It costs money or pain to learn.

Better than hurting yourself while dropping a tree.

I'm assuming the first order of business will be to pull muffler and check out the piston and rings? Does that require a special tool not found in a normal homeowner tool kit?

I don't know how this stuff happens to me. Obviously I'll be paying for it, but I was not being facetious when I said was mechanically retarded. I was playing with a new app that I wasn't intending to use for a saw, but apparently I subconsciously wanted to. I am so not pleased with myself right now.

There should be one of those little breathalyzers you have to blow in before you can bid on ebay!

I'm assuming the first order of business will be to pull muffler and check out the piston and rings? Does that require a special tool not found in a normal homeowner tool kit?

If you have a set of torx wrenches you're set. Just pull the muffler cover off and you can see if the piston is scored.

Ok, it came today and i got the muffler off. It looks to me like maybe there are no rings....?? Or I am merely proving my incompetence.

Breathalyzer might be useful, only had 4 and woke up with the worst headache ever..

Guess the pics would help...

4eza7u2y.jpg

a3ujy5yp.jpg

However, have seen the rings stuck in the lands.

What is the compression?

rings aint stuck if it's blowing 135, tear her down clean it up put a pair of rings in it.

If you don't want to keep it, put it on the bag, they go for some crazy prices if they look clean.

Back