So my local dealers.....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, the Stihl dealer in the next county has a kid in parts that is a pain. I happened to be in that county one day shopping, and
had a customer that was bringing in his MS250 and I told the guy I would pick up one of the $20 fully adjustable Zama's for him,
but I didn't have any part numbers with me at the time. I figured, "What the hell, the kid has been there for at least a year, he should be able to sell me one, anyway.... I was wrong....... He had a mechanic standing beside me, and he was being an arse.
He said "Well, the MS250 has several different carbs that it came out with!!!"
After spending 10 minutes futzing with him, asking him if I could look at his Part Smart, price list, or whatever, I gave up....
A good parts guy needs to know at least a little bit of knowledge to help folks that don't have their numbers handy.

Why I just picked up a J-red 2258 from my local dealer. Could have got it cheaper elsewhere, but they know their stuff. Purchased a Stihl weedwhacker this summer from one of the local dealers. Young kid working there, figured he wouldn't know squat, but knew the machines and when I went back for a brush blade, knew exactly which one I needed.

That dirty old engine repair place on the red belt is about 6 miles from me. My bike mechanic is on 19 between Cranberry and Zelienople. Pm me if you want that guys #. What area do you live in Vibes?
Oh I know who your bike mechanic is. He used to live 4 doors up from me. I carried him home on his 50th birthday. I live in West Deer.

Back