So.. This is what you get for 40 $, these days.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
op really does need to 'discover' photobucket, picassa, flikr, or another photo sharing site.

for that matter, everyone who posts 'links' to pix does too.

170571d1296590732-511-4-jpg

170570d1296590714-511-3-jpg

170569d1296590702-511-2-jpg

170568d1296590678-511-1-jpg

Better built: now I know how to resize! but how do you get the pictures to be shown in the thread?? BTW thanks for the help.

Go to your album once you have the pictures uploaded to the site. I the right hand corner there are two codes * Picture URL and * BB Code

The URL one doesn't have the the you need to get it to display so you have to cut and paste it in to the button with the tree in it when your replying to a thread. When you go that route you have to be sure to delete the extra Http:// from the code.

The BB code only needs to be cut and pasted into the body of the reply and it will work. Be sure not to use the tree button or you'll get two [IMG] icons on each end and it wont work.

One you've posted them, This is how I made them show up.

When you post the pic and it doesn't work, you can right click on it and the little window will open and give you some options. Just click on [B]copy link location[/B]
Then open the picture (tree) icon and delete the http://
Then just right click in the little window and paste the link location in there. That's all I did to show your pick.

Just be sure there isn't two [IMG] or two http:// at the beginning If there is you need to delete them manually or try again.

There should be one [IMG] at the beginning and one at the end.

Thank you for sharing your superior knowledge :rolleyes:.

Chris, it wouldnt let me rep you, but I tried.

Personally, its better when photos are loaded to the site, especially instructional photos.

I hate to dig one up later and find the picture gone because the original poster no longer has his photo on the host that he used then, and all thats left is a broken link.

op really does need to 'discover' photobucket, picassa, flikr, or another photo sharing site.

for that matter, everyone who posts 'links' to pix does too.

Well, I REALLY would love to share my pictures, the right way! But just don´t get it! Now I have learned to resize the pics! Hope that one of these days, I´ll learn to get them directly in the thread!

Well, I REALLY would love to share my pictures, the right way! But just don´t get it! Now I have learned to resize the pics! Hope that one of these days, I´ll learn to get them directly in the thread!

Bo, I would like to explain it but since they changed the site around I'm struggling with it myself.

I know I use the manage attachment box when your makeing your post, but then have to use the "preview post" button to get the shortcut for the newly uploaded picture.

You then copy the shortcut with a right mouse click then use the insert image button on the top of this text box.

Then submit reply.

I see this on so many threads that weren't uploaded to the site.

picture.JPG

Yep thats what I was talking about! Those suck

Bo, I would like to explain it but since they changed the site around I'm struggling with it myself.

I know I use the manage attachment box when your makeing your post, but then have to use the "preview post" button to get the shortcut for the newly uploaded picture.

You then copy the shortcut with a right mouse click then use the insert image button on the top of this text box.

Then submit reply.

Well, guess I´ll start a new thread about something, don´t know what, just to try messing with the pic functions.. JUst got to have some photos :glasses-cool:

Chris, it wouldnt let me rep you, but I tried.

Personally, its better when photos are loaded to the site, especially instructional photos.

I hate to dig one up later and find the picture gone because the original poster no longer has his photo on the host that he used then, and all thats left is a broken link.

I agree MM. I'll rep him for you. BB

The advice from anymanusa is solid enough (some sites require and/or strongly recommend that you use a link to a host site), but his tone rubbed me the wrong way. Maybe I had too much :coffee::coffee::coffee: this AM.

And yes the expired links can be a problem with using host sites. Since AS will host the photos here, it makes sense to utilize that function.

The advice from anymanusa is solid enough (some sites require and/or strongly recommend that you use a link to a host site), but his tone rubbed me the wrong way. Maybe I had too much :coffee::coffee::coffee: this AM.

And yes the expired links can be a problem with using host sites. Since AS will host the photos here, it makes sense to utilize that function.

I know it's easy to use those sites but, If you rename or do anything to the photo it list it as missing here.

picture.JPG

There is lots of threads that are really worthless with out the pictures.

Back