So whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The wife doesent want a camera, she wants a digital movie camera instead...

Shes got a point, you can take the exact still you want off it , and still have movies!

on that job with half the sheep farmers and there dogs, in New England watching, i was like a rat up a drain pipe going up to get the highlines set, absolutly BRILLANT shots with every shot of the rope, and allways two points of attachment...

There are a few times a video would be cool!...But hay, nowonder i get sore arms, lugging a 8 kilo climbing saw with me...

Priorities man, BRAND SPANKIN NEW 020 BEFORE ANYTHING!!!

Cancelled the fishing trip:( when I got a call this morning from a regular customer who is plant manager at a local nursing home/assisted living center. An old Cherry tree with 4 codominant leaders came apart in the wind last night. Got'rdone. One of the old residents came out while I was sharpening the 7900 to tell me how hard a time he had with sharpening his old McCulloch-He said that when he got done with sharpening it it always cut in curves. I finished and fired up the Dolmar and felled the tree bucked the brush and cut up a half cord of stovewood in maybe twenty minutes. I asked him if his Mac cut like that-He said "No...well maybe in the beginning but not after I sharpened it.":D

My cross country ski club had a work bee today. I volunteered for the woodcutting party and nodded when they asked who could run a saw. We went over to the local veneer mill and the crewleader broke out the chain saws he had brought. From ten feet away you could see the shiny dull glare off the cutters and the chains had about a half inch droop. I said , I hope you have a file. Oh yes he replied. Well the file was so worn it wouldnt even touch the teeth. I decided to go home and get my saw and they started cutting in the mean time. They were pretty tired of it when I got back. They asked how I made my saw cut like that without pushing on it! Its not too hard to amaze the average bunch of school teachers with a chainsaw.

cool to see the jonos doing the job derek,its funny how that all panned out i do a 20 min stump job for a saw a didnt need,but now its found someone with the need LOL,make it work i say.heres the saw thats on the way mild porting and 4 chains i wont be going to the saw shop for a while

Funny thing happened to the Johno!

Originally posted by aussie_lopa
cool to see the jonos doing the job derek,its funny how that all panned out i do a 20 min stump job for a saw a didnt need,but now its found someone with the need LOL,make it work i say.heres the saw thats on the way mild porting and 4 chains i wont be going to the saw shop for a while

Need new arms now thanx buddy, knew it was way to cheap!!

Can someone come up with a caption for this?

gunna get pulled to the ground

Nice guess Mike, not cigar worthey though..

"whadja do today" I got some pics back from the mail order

Even got the sheep photos...later..

Got some more ca$h from the guy across the street, took longer to get dressed than to do the tree...

wrong pic

:confused:

leave it there, Its in the backyard, same yard as in party started...

If the 009 runs out of fuel ..FORGET IT!! :angry:

Finish it with the Jonno

Re: Funny thing happened to the Johno!

Originally posted by Derek

Can someone come up with a caption for this?

How about "ooops, please land on the soft spot, please land on the soft spot, please land on the soft spot:)

Or...

"Dang! That's the third time this month!"

redwings.gif

Please land on a soft spot...ME or the SAW?

Stumper wins!...I do do it all the time!

When I first saw the shot it looked like the top of the tree has my saw stuck in it, and will pull me to the ground....

Not so, heres the full story...

In the "mystrey" shot I had allready cut what i wanted, just dident place a frontcut, cause i wanted it to stay attached as long as possible...Im trimming off the tear is all!

Looked like a good stuff up though..

"Hey Derek, the sheep are getting out! come and give us a hand"

Back