So whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
started removing(mass suicide)some gums and blackwoods.most are hollow with dirt and possums living in them.boring work but its all $$$

talked them into leaving a few oaks(developers)they like money more than me;)

reallyclearphotos

Good work aussie,,Nice to see SOMETHING left...most developers just dozze the lot...

Up here on the line if you had to cut a tree that has something living in it ...A guy with "natural boxes" would come along(sometimes with a bucket) Climb the tree and haul up the "bird boxes" and tec screw them to the rest of the tree....Then much further down put a black plasitc membrain around it(I think to stop predators)..

Also had some delays with sturborn Koalas...Cant take to them like 'RACCONS'..Another time I found myself looking at a 4ft goana...Burnt that prussic loop out real quick...I think that tree still stands and will have to go back when the damm things not home...Saying that..I now wish I left a
Through line in it..Bloody big trees,wide anyway, Angoffras(apple gums) do you get them down there?...take care ...Derek...

dont get many apple gum around my way im inbetween 2 ranges so its not far to any thing really,lots swamp gum n mountain ash,blackwood, wattle.when i was line clearing was funny trimming near koalas theyd be so stoned on the leaf they wouldnt move just look at you with eyes rolling around.i was telling stumper about the rules of pulling up for natives in the outback:) but thought id better delete the post.

today i started a four day weekend. this morning i went to grab some gear out of my truck and took some pics and video of the job the fellows were doing. please see the 'mini documentary thread.'

Hi there Treesheep...Nice chair...a little heavey?

Was there a cat in it?? ha ha ha..

next time try something like this...Yoy might be able to deliver it yourself next time....Keep posting...Derek

What did I do today? Finished recovering! I got started at 2pm removing 14 pines 2 days ago. At 9:30 I dropped the last spar standing. Went home to sleep, got up and went back to cut 3 more for a neighbor and skid wood out with an ATV and my Jeep as well as chip alot of brush and clean up until 2:00.

I only do this part time usually a few days a month. Before now the most I had cut in one day was ten and that left me stove up for 2 days.

For you guys that climb multiple trees daily, my hat's off to you!

As an aside, what's the most trees you guys have climbed and cut in one day?

lots of trees

Hey bradley...Dont wont to sound like i'm BRAGGING but on this 500klm power line (350kv) thats 1000k counting both sides...
my personal best is 20 before lunch...But an average day i'll get 20 - 50 trees done..Generally the trees are so close I dont go to
ground,just get from tree to tree....Lots quicker....I'll often have lunch in the trees....I dont know any job anywere that would give you the oppertuinity to climb 8000 tress a year...Derek

photosallmixedup

Hey there again,,tHATS NOT THE SHOT I WANTED....

If you want to see more go to the end of "footplates"

Or bout page 100 of "party started"

I used a different program there ..much smaller pics...Take care...

But are you doing any lowering or cut-n-toss? Have to miss any obstruction underneath? If I'm cutting the tree down I usually end up on a spar that less than half the height of the tree nest to it so I can't transfer from tree to tree.:)

hi bradley...Dont get me wrong this is not tree care...I have to constantly remind my self "i'm now in the power bussiness"

Some lowering involved,the odd fence,"habitat" or procteced spieces....Is it to risky to get a line into the "next tree" before you come down and drop the section your in?

The thing about this work,is I allways need to create an exit for the higer branches to fall through...These stringys tear all the way to ground and if you hit a lower branch,with a higer one the tree has to go compleatly..I feel that my cutting skill in the stringys are pretty good, and tend to miss most other branches..

In saying that..I sometimes need to be tied into 3 trees at once...
Cant get that branch till that one goes....**** carnt get that one either...have to get that bloody branch first...Some times I have both ends of two ropes (4 P.O.A)tied in...

Now before anyone gets up me about it..remember I dident stand on the ground for 20 mins analizing which one first...I was allready in the trees...Just go up and start cutting..if theres somthing in the way go and move it ..leave the rope there
so you can get back easy..Just DONT hit the rope you left with the other branch...All lots of fun...Derek

Back