So what did you do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
got up this morning, it was 12 degrees and the wind was howling, 30+ mph. Dropped off neighbors to build a 30 x 40 pole barn. Thank god it is in the woods, still darn cold but survivable. Helped unload truck and trailer then went and bought 3 pair of gloves, a hat and a fleece lined thingy that covers entire head and neck, can be set so only eyeballs are visible. Look like terrorist but should help with frostbite.

Got home and retrieved my trash can from the ditch 1/8 of a mile from my driveway. Now it is all the way up to 15 degrees and the wind has calmed down to around 15-20 mph. Sitting here feeling the warmth of my face and ears from todays wind burn.

Yesterday had 18,000 pounds of trailer and hay stuck in mud under 5 inches of snow. Had to load 300 bales of hay on horse drawn hay wagons and haul it the last 75 feet to the conveyor while being snowed on. The only thing more fun than throwing 50-60 pound bales around is having to do it twice.

Man I am sick of winter already and it ain't even here yet.

Your post is making me go throw another split in the smogger....

small bales, eeeek! I remember them things..I'm still sore....

Finished the Husky 55 today and cut with it some. Painted half a dozen hammers, split and stacked some red oak, sorted through a bunch of old aviation articles and paperwork and shredded a couple bushels worth. Sent emails to Africa and South America, arranged to pick up a load of tools that need to be crated for Liberia, etc.
Did you reply to Solomon O'Alahbee, he is wanting to put 10,000 in your bank account. All you have to do is wire $225.00 for the fees for the transaction!

Tools to Liberia, that sounds like "mission work" you helping the needy in Liberia?

Did you reply to Solomon O'Alahbee, he is wanting to put 10,000 in your bank account. All you have to do is wire $225.00 for the fees for the transaction!

Tools to Liberia, that sounds like "mission work" you helping the needy in Liberia?
They're supposed to be going to Carver Bible College in Monrovia. Problem is going to be the logistics of getting them there due to the Ebola issue. For now, I'm going to bring them to our hangar, inventory and crate them up and store them 'till I hear further word.

Started the day trying to get a Husky 136 running for one of my friends (freebie for him).. ended up getting disgusted with the thing and convinced him to buy my 024.

Moved on to putting a fuel tank on his wife's 036 (traded for a batch of her excellent cinnamon rolls). That went smooth and I KNOW it took far less time than making cinnamon rolls ;)

Then...same friend another freebie.. I got his MS362 running after one of his employees didn't latch the air filter and filled it with saw dust. Luckily, the spit back from the carb appears to have stopped most of it. Removed a teaspoon of fine sawdust from behind the air filter and cleaned the carb. Runs like a champ now.

On to one of my own projects... dug out a Husky 162SE I started last winter. Couldn't find the carb in all my stuff, I think I vaguely remember using it on a customers saw. Listed a WTB in the Trading Post and secured one in an hour. Put it all back in a box and put it away.

Sharpened ten chains for money with a new CBN wheel. I like it.

Then argued with a grumpy old man that decided I needed to give him a new saw to replace the 291 he bought from me two weeks ago because he put bar oil in the gas and gas in the bar oil. He wanted a new one because he didn't "trust" that one. I ended up flushing the carb as well as drain all the fuel from the muffler and cylinder because he flooded it so bad trying to get it running. Billed him for a 1/2 hour, pissing him off further. Then he pitched a fit because I don't give senior discounts. Arghhh!!!!

Pretty slow day...

i had a guy come in with a stihl 021 complaining about how after 2 years of sitting without use "it should start right up because it's a still" .......cleaned carb, flushed out fuel tank and had to replace the fuel line because i felt like a wet noodle from the ethanol gas ....and he gave me a .50 cent tip ......lol

Started the day trying to get a Husky 136 running for one of my friends (freebie for him).. ended up getting disgusted with the thing and convinced him to buy my 024.

Moved on to putting a fuel tank on his wife's 036 (traded for a batch of her excellent cinnamon rolls). That went smooth and I KNOW it took far less time than making cinnamon rolls ;)

Then...same friend another freebie.. I got his MS362 running after one of his employees didn't latch the air filter and filled it with saw dust. Luckily, the spit back from the carb appears to have stopped most of it. Removed a teaspoon of fine sawdust from behind the air filter and cleaned the carb. Runs like a champ now.

On to one of my own projects... dug out a Husky 162SE I started last winter. Couldn't find the carb in all my stuff, I think I vaguely remember using it on a customers saw. Listed a WTB in the Trading Post and secured one in an hour. Put it all back in a box and put it away.

Sharpened ten chains for money with a new CBN wheel. I like it.

Then argued with a grumpy old man that decided I needed to give him a new saw to replace the 291 he bought from me two weeks ago because he put bar oil in the gas and gas in the bar oil. He wanted a new one because he didn't "trust" that one. I ended up flushing the carb as well as drain all the fuel from the muffler and cylinder because he flooded it so bad trying to get it running. Billed him for a 1/2 hour, pissing him off further. Then he pitched a fit because I don't give senior discounts. Arghhh!!!!

Pretty slow day...
You are a mean one way character!!!! Why didn't you give the grumpy old guy a brand new MS461!??????????????

Today I went to install a new oil line in an MS390 and discovered that what I had was a fuel line and not an oil line. So I guess I have to go shopping before I move forward on that. I disassembled the saw and cleaned all the parts.
I drained and cleaned my parts washer tank. found a rusted chain in the bottom that I stuck in there about 4 or 5 months ago. It was all nice and free now. Not sure what it fits. It's a .325. I also wire wheeled a bunch of rusted tools that have been soaking for months. Stuff I picked up at a sale.

Then I went to the deer stand for the last hour of hunting light and shot an 8 pt buck. Tore the sidewall out of my truck tire while maneuvering around so I need to change that in the morning as I need the truck to pull a trailer... The deer is quartered up and on ice and I've had a shower and ready for some very late dinner.

upload_2014-11-19_21-12-3.jpeg

Today I went to install a new oil line in an MS390 and discovered that what I had was a fuel line and not an oil line. So I guess I have to go shopping before I move forward on that. I disassembled the saw and cleaned all the parts.
I drained and cleaned my parts washer tank. found a rusted chain in the bottom that I stuck in there about 4 or 5 months ago. It was all nice and free now. Not sure what it fits. It's a .325. I also wire wheeled a bunch of rusted tools that have been soaking for months. Stuff I picked up at a sale.

Then I went to the deer stand for the last hour of hunting light and shot an 8 pt buck. Tore the sidewall out of my truck tire while maneuvering around so I need to change that in the morning as I need the truck to pull a trailer... The deer is quartered up and on ice and I've had a shower and ready for some very late dinner.

View attachment 380708
Glad to see you're getting some meat. Let me know if you need some trailer towing help.

Warpig6

Thats a fine pine goat you got there.
Good meat.
We hunt them cause they eat crops, dang pests.

Today i sorted out an idle issue on a 026. I still don't know if i got it but i found another issue.
A dark line in the cylinder about the same size as a ring locator pin. Looking in the exhaust port it is running vertically about 1 o'clock. Doesn't look like cyl. damage yet, i need to pull the cyl. and see.

I saw a B stamped on the top of the cylinder. I remember that may mean something about piston size i think.

Made some blockoff plates for vac/pressure testing. Some sheet rubber and aluminum plate.
Then had to replace an O ring in the mityvac in order to do the vac/pressure test.

As usual had to drag out all sorts of tools in order to complete a simple task.
Just another day in paradise!

Snow plow, i've heard of those!!!
We don't have those here and no snow to use them on either.
It's freezing here, 31deg. thats dang cold.

My cousin lives up in NH. White stuff everywhere and you have to cut a hole in the lake to fish.
It is getting cool enough here to start using a saw.

It was a -16 last week here. I am done cutting for the year. No fun cutting in 2 feet of snow. I hope it cuts wood better than it moves snow. LOL

Today, build a MS260. Waiting on parts for the 066 project. Looking for a tank for the 044 --they are super scarce
and the prospect of finding a NOS one is about as good as a snowball in Hawaii. I do like these deer pictures, but
I have to say, "that one has a red spot on his side?" :clap:

..Had to go buy a battery for my car. First sign of winter and car wouldn't turn over. The battery was only 7 or 8 years old or so. I guess they don't make them like they used to. My new battery was low on water/acid plus I had to charge it when I got home. Maybe that's normal, don't know..

..Had to go buy a battery for my car. First sign of winter and car wouldn't turn over. The battery was only 7 or 8 years old or so. I guess they don't make them like they used to. My new battery was low on water/acid plus I had to charge it when I got home. Maybe that's normal, don't know..
No, not normal. Where was it from? A place that doesn't sell many batteries?

No, not normal. Where was it from? A place that doesn't sell many batteries?
It was Rural King and I imagine they sell quite a few of them. I've bought batteries from them before with no problem. I may have not had to charge the battery but this car sits quite a bit so I went ahead and charged it a bit.

Did 229 miles in that 7600 last night. Worked from 3:30 yesterday after noon until 3:30 this morning. Was interesting had to pull a compadre out of a ditch.. cost me a couple of hours. Have pics but can't post them.

Latest posts

Back