So what did you do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This things leaking a lot of fuel. It's much less than before the float adjustment, but it's still a runny mess. I set it at what I thought was a little on the low side around .008 below flush. A sticky valve would certainly be possible though.
The reason I mentioned it was because a buddy of mine had the same problem with a Poulan micro 25. I took the carb off and noticed a sliver of wood under the reed, holding it open. I removed it and it still spit back a little but not nearly as much and it ran a whole lot better.

Got up early, fired the smoker grill. Put on a rack of ribs and some sausage. It's looking real good from here.
Can you say RIBS for Thanksgiving? Whooo hoooo
Cooking over wood or charcoal? I love ribs or pulled pork with that great hickory smoke flavor.

Usually I cook over hickory coals. Today I cooked the ribs on my Weber kettle --indirect heat, with hickory chips for smoke. Actually the wifey cooked the noon meat in the kitchen. It has been our tradition for years to have smoked Boston butts, (sometimes a smoked turkey) and smoked beef brisket. This year we took a break. We had oven cooked ham, and a turkey breast. The ribs are for the evening meal and for my kids to enjoy in the afternoon as they desire. I love pulled pork over hickory wood. This is becoming a forgotten art in this area -- so many people are going to electric cookers -- can you say BLAH. (I have a 270 gallon ugly drum made into a old style pig cooker, and we love it!).

Usually I cook over hickory coals. Today I cooked the ribs on my Weber kettle --indirect heat, with hickory chips for smoke. Actually the wifey cooked the noon meat in the kitchen. It has been our tradition for years to have smoked Boston butts, (sometimes a smoked turkey) and smoked beef brisket. This year we took a break. We had oven cooked ham, and a turkey breast. The ribs are for the evening meal and for my kids to enjoy in the afternoon as they desire. I love pulled pork over hickory wood. This is becoming a forgotten art in this area -- so many people are going to electric cookers -- can you say BLAH. (I have a 270 gallon ugly drum made into a old style pig cooker, and we love it!).
I have trouble with the brisket. Never turns out as tender and juicy as I want. I know it can be done. Had some great brisket in Tennessee this year on our bike trip to the Dragon.

We need to talk about brisket then. Most guys overcook the stuff then complain that its no good.
If you ever eat the right kind of brisket, you'll never look back. I have been to the dragon, you must
have biked it. Beautiful area in the mountains!

We need to talk about brisket then. Most guys overcook the stuff then complain that its no good.
If you ever eat the right kind of brisket, you'll never look back. I have been to the dragon, you must
have biked it. Beautiful area in the mountains!
We will have to chat about cook times and temperatures. Need to get that brisket figured out. Yes we hit the dragon on the Harley's. Fifth year in a row we have done it. Also the Wheels Thru Time museum in Maggie Valley North Carolina is a must see. All things motorcycle. Old Indian powered ice saws and outboards. Think there are a few saws there too.

We will have to chat about cook times and temperatures. Need to get that brisket figured out. Yes we hit the dragon on the Harley's. Fifth year in a row we have done it. Also the Wheels Thru Time museum in Maggie Valley North Carolina is a must see. All things motorcycle. Old Indian powered ice saws and outboards. Think there are a few saws there too.

Indeed on the brisket. I can give you a few pointers on the brisket. My wife said now -- she'd just as soon have that as a steak. Oh well, a steak is nice also!
Maggie Valley is beautiful also. I love the mountains so I am partial. Happy Thanksgiving again to you and all the AS guys!

I went online and bought a new laptop. the one I have is working properly but getting worn out from lots of daily use. It's running Vista so obviously getting a bit long in the tooth. The new one is gonna have 8 gb ram and a 1 Tb hard drive. Probably won't notice the difference other than the new OS. If I actually receive the rebate (not a given), it'll bring it under $400.
I also helped stuff and cook the two roasting chickens and ham, made the candied sweet potatoes then this evening I made a large pot of bean/ham soup and a large pot of chicken/rice soup. And ate more than I should have...

Oh, I also put an order in to Baileys on their Thanksgiving day special. Ordered some bars, a chain breaker punch, a couple of mini rims for a Stihl, etc.

Just got to watch Tech beat UGA for the first time in idk how many years. It's a good day here in GA! Go Jackets!

Warpig6

Just got to watch Tech beat UGA for the first time in idk how many years. It's a good day here in GA! Go Jackets!

Warpig6

Well...that musta been some tough guys and a good game. I used to drive around Tech campus a lot because I worked downtown. Always wondered how they competed..their offensive front line a buncha 140 lb asian dudes....

hehehehehehe

Got up early and loaded the truck... not quite what you may think. 2-thermos of coffee and 1-soup along for the ride. I did have a saw along but it never came out. Our Boy Scout Troop is fortunate enough to have a patron that lets us use their parking lot as a fundraiser for the Scouts. Today was to U of L vs UK Football game @ Papa Johns Stadium Louisville. I was there early to get signs hung and make sure no "early birds" snuck in with free parking. The lot was full by 11:30 and hung around till traffic slowed down just to make sure nobody tries to squeeze in blocking others from leaving. The coffer/pot is more than split and great for the troop. I can't say enough for their generosity. Next week we practice marksmanship and ammo aint cheap even .22 cal if you can find it.

Stacked about 3 cords of wood that i split yesterday, Put the power equipment away to get ready for the rain thats supposed to be around for the next 2 weeks.

Scouting is a great thing wish it was as popular now as it was in it early years, i was a boyscout but not and eagle scout my aunts dad was an eagle scout from way back, I loved my time in the scouts and i had a great leader a real woodsmen type not a im a scoutleader on the weekend type. Learned alot which i still use some of today but will never forget the important skills and values i learned there. On that not look into a .17 i find it much more available and a little cheaper i have 4 boxes of .17 hmr varmint rounds that i paid 14$ for less than 2 weeks ago. My Little Henry with varmint rounds is quite a force to be recconed with

Said goodbye to the daughter early am, did a little office work, finished assembling a Husky 55 and took pics of it and posted it on CL. Then cut down half of an oak tree in the yard to test it out. Backed my truck into a tree (haven't looked too close yet...) Put a new ignition module on an old Ford van and it has exactly the same symptoms. Must be the pickup coil. I've never had to change one of those...
Hunted for an hour or so, had a final supper with the boys as they head back to their respective academies in the am. Pretty busy day overall. Currently helping the Coastie get some school supplies together.

Pushed leaves all day b4 I have to hit the road for work for a week or so. Had the BR380 on my back and the BG75 in my left hand. Wife said I looked like a cyborg.

Stuck at home due to rain and couldn't work dropped off the daughter at school, made a am meeting, and had fellowship with a few friends. Came home napped for three hours after lunch..... Now up playing with my son and watching movies.

Latest posts

Back