So what did you do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally got a deer.

IMG_20141202_135427-L.jpg

But not with my rifle, with the Mazda. :(

IMG_20141202_142509-L.jpg

Today I got the bushing in the Bobtach by heating the Bobtach with a torch and freezing the bushing, running to the shop and whacking it into position. Worked better than I thought. Then we acquired a new puppy. Little yellow dog, not sure of the breed. Yellow Lab/Golden Retriever mix? And I changed the carpeting on my chainsaw work table.

Thanks to my 10 year old not doing what she was asked ( turn the bath off and get in)
We had Niagara Falls coming thru the down stairs light fittings and a flood upstairs [emoji35][emoji35][emoji35]

You ok? Hope nobody was hurt obviously the vehicle and venison...

Yes, I'm fine, and thanks for asking. Car has $7,200 in damage. Yikes.

Today, I put new valve cover gaskets and a water pump in the old Crown Vic police interceptor. That old bomber is back in daily use again until I decide what to do with the Speed 3 deer killer.

Yes, I'm fine, and thanks for asking. Car has $7,200 in damage. Yikes.

Today, I put new valve cover gaskets and a water pump in the old Crown Vic police interceptor. That old bomber is back in daily use again until I decide what to do with the Speed 3 deer killer.

Sell the Mazda. Supercharge the Crown Victoria. Does it still have the pushbar?

Nope, never had a pushbar installed. I have about 100ft of 1.5" 0.120" DOM tube in the shop. Been thinking about bending up a 'Roo' bar for the CVPI to smash through 'em all.

Getting back on topic, I got home from work today, and Brown Santa left me something at the back door....

IMG_20141204_133431-M.jpg

Changing the oil in the wife's car today. My ten year old step daughter came down and asked to help. Had to explain why new oil (Royal Purple) is purple and old oil is black. She wanted to check the level after she put all the new oil in. So cool to see her interested in something other than video games. Takes me back to when I was little and I followed my dad around the garage. Good day here even without saws in the picture.

Today was day of rest. Yesterday did the oil change thing on wife's car plus a friend came down with another trailer full of wood for me to cut up and stack. Looks like I'll have firewood for another two or three years now. Been trying out several different saws doing this, all small ones but am not happy with any of them..Some run well but won't cut very well (safety chain), a couple of others had good chain but engine for one reason or another wouldn't run to suit me. I'm gonna make a chain this week to replace that awful safety chain or maybe just grind off the safety part. The ones that didn't do well are gonna be next Spring projects.. Forgot to mention: I brought in some dry wood for the garage because rain is in forecast.

Went to church this morning, stopped at Harbor Freight on the way home to get some free items I had coupons for, grabbed a few gallons of milk at Aldi's, ate homemade soup, crackers and cheese for lunch, went for a walk with the family and dogs, worked on two saws with fuel issues, came in a ate spaghetti and am watching Baa Baa Black Sheep with the family and mostly reading AS.

Watched the Packers get beat...yeah! Watched the Seahawks win... yeah!! Now it's off to work. Waterpump in my 7.3 PSD plow truck tonight.

Bought in some wood in case the rain comes back. Then pulled the handle apart in the P62 that I have been working on to replace the worn trigger, it now raps out all the way and scares the heck out of yah. Next, redid the carb on a Homelite super xl auto and got it to run and idle.

image.jpg Went to breakfast at my mom and dads, took wife and daughter. Picked up some outdoor lights, a good push broom, new bow saw blade, milk and bread from the hardware store. Came home, me and daughter watched the patriots beat Miami (woo!) made a fire, then did this

Latest posts

Back