So what did you do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got a belated haircut. then wife wanted me to go get some dirt to fill a hole in the yard which I gladly did because it was so nice outside---20 degrees. Got the bags of dirt home from WalMart and of course they were like cement blocks. I brought them in the house and thawed them out, later carried them out and filled the hole. Wife wanted the hole filled because it was right above our water line and she was afraid it might freeze this week.

Made a purdy 11" long weld with the MIG today.
The hard part was bending over and laying in the machine to get to the problem area.

It's holding 125lbs. of steam pressure now and no leaks so we were successful. Now waiting on the next thing to break.

Spent time with my family and took my daughter to and from school. Watched the snow and harassed the cat and dog while sitting in front of the fireplace.

Found out I didn't have hot water this morning, found out a friend didn't have heat, and found out my in laws had burst pipes.

I linked up with a friend and we got a 45,000 BTU kerosene heater to my friend who lost his heater last night. Also two smaller ones that are electric and good for rooms.

Fixed my in laws pipes and pretty much repumbed their utility room. I'm a fan of Shark Bites now.....

My pipes haven't thawed and I want a shower so bad.....

I'm still luckily warm and dry and blessed to have my family and love!

I fought with frozen plumbing today as well as the temps got very frigid for this part of the country. We were ok at the house but the pump at the hangar was frozen. Went down there this morning to put a light bulb in the pump house. Checked on it this afternoon and it was thawed and nothing broken this time. I left the bulb on and we should be ok in the future with that warming things.
Sold some firewood (1/2 cord) and built up some saw engines. Been burning all those cookies I generate to heat the shop.

I fought with frozen plumbing today as well as the temps got very frigid for this part of the country. We were ok at the house but the pump at the hangar was frozen. Went down there this morning to put a light bulb in the pump house. Checked on it this afternoon and it was thawed and nothing broken this time. I left the bulb on and we should be ok in the future with that warming things.
Sold some firewood (1/2 cord) and built up some saw engines. Been burning all those cookies I generate to heat the shop.
I wondered what you guys did with those cookies...

I cleaned up the basement to fill it with wood again. cleaned the wife's air purifier and swapped filter.
Sent my two 084 cylinders to mastermind. split a olympyk 970 case and threw it in the cleaning tank.
snowblowed the driveway. sounds like you guys east of the Mississippi river are having a cold spell.
yesterday here it was -15 and -45 windchill try to stay warm.

Spent some time cutting deadfall around the joint this afternoon with the Happy Meal sized Tanaka 3351. Felt like superman wielding the little saw after lugging around the 385XP the last couple days. Burning that little stuff now to keep the living room a bit warmer.

Today after church I moved a couple trailers around that are filled with cookies left over from the Sept 20, GTG. I then repaired the oiler on a Stihl MS250 that had been oiling fine until I was demoing it for a customer. He's still going to buy it. I then worked on a couple of Poulan 3400s. Got one running but it has a cracked fuel tank. Thankfully I have a spare. Then I made my daughter and myself a malted milk shake and supper consisted of that, popcorn and 4 tangerines. Talked to my son on the phone for a while. He's in his last semester at West Point and really carrying a huge academic load. He's got a long weekend so had a few moments to chill.

Been playing with a Husky 55 that I did some port work on, (first try) I can't seem to get the normal low idle on it? It wraps out well and is a beast in a cut, ran a pressure test and it was good, just idles a little high when I set it at a norm.

Spent some time cutting deadfall around the joint this afternoon with the Happy Meal sized Tanaka 3351. Felt like superman wielding the little saw after lugging around the 385XP the last couple days. Burning that little stuff now to keep the living room a bit warmer.
Your speak purdiur than a two dollar hoer.:p

Watched The Seahawks make an amazing comeback. Best ten minutes of football I remember seeing!!

Latest posts

Back