So what did you do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Went and watched my daughters competitive cheer team. They won their first division championship today! Knowing all the hard work they've put into this routine to see it pay off like this was amazing! The emotion and excitement they each showed really choked me up. The team got a giant division champions banner to hang in their gym and they each got a champion jacket. I think she is sleeping in hers!

Used my gaffs for the first time yesterday, topping and removing a 14" dbh oak from front yard. Gaff climbing is harder and more tiring than I thought, but went slow and used a top rope. Cut down that one and then another 16" dbh oak. Limbed, bucked, carted to the woodpile and stacked them. The yard cleanup may take a while til I get to it. Then watched the GB -Seattle game (crazy!) then the Pats-Colts game (I was OK with the big win). Today I think I'll take it easy...

It looked to me like the Packers came to play----one half. Looks like the Pack needs to change their diet, their stamina sucks! My Colts showed 'em in the second game though!
Yes, I was looking at it from the other side. Seahawks were playing terrible the first half, just not up too standard, but came out, especially in the last two minutes, and OT like they wanted too win. I did expect more from the Colts. Poor game.

Today I completely forgot about Pro Football and went to the garage and cleaned some parts so I could re-assemble yet another 330 Homelite. I'm not sure why I'm doing this because the 330 isn't exactly something everyone wants and I already have two of them. I have a little Echo waiting on the bench with little compression, I guess that's my next victim. It's a balmy 50 some degrees here today..

Yes, I was looking at it from the other side. Seahawks were playing terrible the first half, just not up too standard, but came out, especially in the last two minutes, and OT like they wanted too win. I did expect more from the Colts. Poor game.
The Colts have played several poor games lately. Don't know if it's injuries or what..

I was really rooting for Green Bay. Everything seemed to start going the Seahawks way all at once. What a crazy game... Today I dropped two more trees in the front yard, but with the thaw it was to muddy to move the bucked pieces to the woodpile. Gotta huge pile of branches. Working up to a chipper rental soon...

Finished up a Husky 55 that I had been working on, then pulled out a few other project to see what parts I need, (261, 254, 51, 365) seem to keep finding more parts to I need to complete them. If you have a Husky bone yard,:cool: I'm your friend.

Been playing with a Husky 55 that I did some port work on, (first try) I can't seem to get the normal low idle on it? It wraps out well and is a beast in a cut, ran a pressure test and it was good, just idles a little high when I set it at a norm.
What did you do to the ports, exactly? Widening only? Remove base gasket? I am thinking of doing some work to my 55 Rancher some long winter night...

Well today i started off goin to the walk in doctor to have a shot put in my back.now im cruisin the message board chillin on the couch enjoyin some prednisone and tramadol.:laugh:

What did you do to the ports, exactly? Widening only? Remove base gasket? I am thinking of doing some work to my 55 Rancher some long winter night...
I did widen the exhaust and squared it up, just a little on the intake also. I may have varied the top and bottom a little on both and "yes" canned the base gasket. This a closed port 55 and was somewhat clean inside when I started, the piston took a little sanding.

Nice. How does one tell if their Rancher 55 is closed port or not? This is my s/n plate....
View attachment 396188
I don't think any of the ranchers were closed port but could be wrong. Seeing the piston is a confirmation and also, most of the closed port cylinders have some ++++ markings on them. Search for threads on AS regarding that subject, it's been addressed a number of times.

Cut cherry, apple, pear and crepe myrtle all day with my (Four Paw's) old Husky 50 with the open port 55 top end from a '98 55 Rancher and a muffler mod. Filled two truck loads. The saw ran great, the weather was nice. Packed up, had a couple beers, went home.

Left the little Tanaka in the tool box today.

Latest posts

Back