So what did you do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Back yard is getting much more open and we'll get more sun on the garden. Done for now. That was a lot of work![/QUOTE]
Is the boat a project or ornament?

Same. Did that hour building before getting into ag.
I've never aspired to spray crops. I've flown in Alaska, New Guinea Highlands, Amazon River, Sahara Desert, African Jungles, and so forth but spraying crops seemed a little "too exciting" for me...Be safe out there. Wires, birds, school buses, all sorts of hazards for you guys...

I've never aspired to spray crops. I've flown in Alaska, New Guinea Highlands, Amazon River, Sahara Desert, African Jungles, and so forth but spraying crops seemed a little "too exciting" for me...Be safe out there. Wires, birds, school buses, all sorts of hazards for you guys...
I take it that you haven't suffered a blow to the head then. What were you doing overseas? Survey?

Got 3 stihl hedge trimmers running,figured out a govenor spring problem on a riding mower. The spring issue was the result of a backyardigan working on it. He could not figure it out and sold the mower cheap, mower was almost new.

I finally got around to welding up the deck on my old snapper this PM. then sprayed the lawn/weeds with roundup so i can lay sod next week.

After all this i was eating pizza and felt a crunch. Felt around my mouth with my tongue and found a loose tooth, it broke off at the gumline. Root is still in place so the dentist will make some money this week.
No pain and i can't see any cavity, looks like tooth eroded at the gum line. Old age, too many cokes and cigs i guess.

Cropdusters around here try to design something to cut the top strand of barbed wire on fences.
If you are gonna fly that low just use a tractor! No thrill in that though.

No pics, but I went to Lowe's to do some shopping, and came out to the car.
Started it up and boom.

Turned the key off and looked under the hood and didn't see a problem.
Looked closer, and realized what had happened was I blew a spark plug out of the head.

Apparently the spark plug had loosened up.
I probably ripped some of the threads out of the head, but the plug tightened up fine.
It runs fine. Fingers crossed.

I took one of my friends from work crappie fishing. I have been hammering them for two weeks now but between him being a first timer and it being windy as hell we only caught 14. We had fun though - sure beats working. Also just got finished making venison stew over mashed potatoes for dinner- one of the kids favorites. Back to the woodpile tomorrow :chop: - bringing the rod for the trout stream though ;)

Latest posts

Back