So what did you do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got up and went to Church! Ate lunch and got the 066 running!
de3f7c1554c6e53cb44933f335fbd5fe.jpg

Made grilled chicken for dinner! Then I turned this...
1dc5d215964307a7bfb436cb2c1233f5.jpg

Into this!
f1aa3900a1fc70824256461799af6544.jpg
d2ad258198448b20342daec19e9addcd.jpg

ce59492b999484046ea44f9cf1a0e561.jpg
Looked like fun. Cept for cleaning up the twigs n tips

Wacked a couple 24" birch from next to the house and compared my 031 next to my poulan 3400 counter. The stihl kicked its butt.... Then i found out the poulan has the wrong spark plug in it. Hopefully that has something to do with it, cause i thought a 8cc larger poulan would be closer. First major cutting of the year. Woohoo!
It was just a sharper chain on the stihl lol

Went to an estate sale and picked up some new chain files, a couple of oddball bars and a Poulan 3400 CounterVibe. Got the Poulan running but it wouldn't idle and ran erratically. Discovered the intake screw was broken off in the cylinder on one side. So now I have a pile of parts and a cylinder that needs an extraction done on it... I did some other stuff too but that's the only thing that would interest you guys.

Changed the XL925 from the safety chain it had on it to a yellow link Stihl chain so it should cut better. Went to the mower shop this morning and purchased a belt for my Cub Cadet, the owner of the shop showed me an almost perfect Stihl 029 but wasn't sure he wanted to sell it at this time, I don't blame him. If I had it I probably would have considered it a "keeper" along with my other keepers and it would just collect dust while I cut wood with an old Poulan or Mac..

Changed the XL925 from the safety chain it had on it to a yellow link Stihl chain so it should cut better. Went to the mower shop this morning and purchased a belt for my Cub Cadet, the owner of the shop showed me an almost perfect Stihl 029 but wasn't sure he wanted to sell it at this time, I don't blame him. If I had it I probably would have considered it a "keeper" along with my other keepers and it would just collect dust while I cut wood with an old Poulan or Mac..
Yeah the safety chain chatters like crazy huh. Using those chains require lots of lock tite

Yesterday dead stringy bark removalat a playground, chipper had **** itself so loaded the truck by hand, 3 tonne according to weighbridge, then deadwooded some half dead trees over a brand new bbq area which filled the truck again. Today finished a retaining wall at the new yard then smashed out a heap of 1'-3' stumps with a remote controlled Rayco diesel stumper, finished past 6pm then went home and watched Aussie rules footy

I worked doing tree stuff. Got the kids and sold my old echo 340 top handle for 150 in great condition. Now well you dont want to know:confused:

Went to an estate sale and picked up some new chain files, a couple of oddball bars and a Poulan 3400 CounterVibe. Got the Poulan running but it wouldn't idle and ran erratically. Discovered the intake screw was broken off in the cylinder on one side. So now I have a pile of parts and a cylinder that needs an extraction done on it... I did some other stuff too but that's the only thing that would interest you guys.
Spent most of the day looking at investment properties but found a gap large enough to put the cylinder in the mill and extract the broken screw. The screw's out, the threads are fine but that's as far as I got.

Revived a poulan pro 305. Pretty nice saw. Just needed a fuel line, filter, and carb cleaning. I gutted the muffler and got a cheap bar for it. Still waiting for a chain. 20150507_203524.jpg

Today was old Stihl day for some reason.

Had an 076AV come in last night to get a chain shortened and another chain (did that today) 110 drivers. Talk about a heavy son of a gun. I meant to weigh it, but I would have to guess it was a solid 30lbs if not heavier. Not a common saw to see in these parts, let alone come in the shop.

Then an 064AV "no start"... needs a new top end, only 100psi compression.

034AV, 024, two 038s, one with a Lewis winch, couple others I can't remember... along with an Echo (first I've ever seen) a pair of 455 Husqvarnas, a 372, 350? (I think, I'm not a Husqvarna guy) and a 460.
Been keeping the mechanic pretty busy between all the mowers and saws... glad I'm not having to mess with it all like I was this winter!

I'm testing the finished top end rebuild of a 262xp. Everything was going well except the chain oil was leaking when the saw was off so I replaced the oil tube from the pump to the oil tank which fixed it. Then the oil was not coming out from the pump. I replaced the short 1/4" rubber tube between the pump and the crankcase and now oil was coming out the port properly but still no oil on the chain. However there was all kinds of oil in the chain adjust area, acting like the bar is not creating a good seal against the oil slot. That's where I left it last night - sometimes it is the simplest things that take the longest.

Latest posts

Back