So what did you do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well you hope they live long but I suppose they are no different from us. Some will go sooner than others. To quote a fraise from a song "Only the god die young". Momcat came with my farm. She was only 7 years old. We had her fixed after her first litter. F.I.P. is a horrible disease. One day your cat is walking around just fine and the next thing you know she can't breath. There is no cure. I wish there was but there is probably not enough money in it. We have lost 2 cats to it. It sucks.

We had our last cat from 1988 to 2008 and had to have him put to sleep because we didn't want him to suffer any more. 20 years and he just seemed like one of the family. We weren't going to have any more cats but my son come bringing one in, that was about 5 years ago and we still have this one.cat 002.JPG

Wish i was werkin today. Just one of the rainy days. may work on my lawyers vintage suzuki today. And tomorrow got court for my kids.

55 Rancher Meteor piston arrived from Duke, from stripped down, new piston and full build, 23 minutes and she's runnin like a dream!

Took down a dead hickory today with a rotted base. It needed to be felled against a lean and was near a residence. Rigging it was complicated too as we couldn't get the truck in a convenient location. Used 200 feet of rope, a pulley (sheave block) a nylon tow strap, chain, and telephones as the vehicle was completely out of sight of the tree. Groundi pulled and I cut and it all turned out ok but it was a bit hairy due to the extent of the rot.
She used her Stihl MS180C, an 026 and one of my Stihl 039's. She said she enjoyed bucking it up. The owners were home at the time and were pleased when it all came down where it was supposed to. (and were impressed by her using a chainsaw)

Took down a dead hickory today with a rotted base. It needed to be felled against a lean and was near a residence. Rigging it was complicated too as we couldn't get the truck in a convenient location. Used 200 feet of rope, a pulley (sheave block) a nylon tow strap, chain, and telephones as the vehicle was completely out of sight of the tree. Groundi pulled and I cut and it all turned out ok but it was a bit hairy due to the extent of the rot.
She used her Stihl MS180C, an 026 and one of my Stihl 039's. She said she enjoyed bucking it up. The owners were home at the time and were pleased when it all came down where it was supposed to. (and were impressed by her using a chainsaw)
Felling is a little too nerve racking for me any more. Used to do a little bit but I kinda gave it up..

Seasoned up some ribs and grilled them and also got a couple pork shoulders to smoke sunday. i got a chance to fire up a stihl oh26 and 2 echos

Finished up my 4 day stay in Louisville, and had to chew on one of the "new" (43 years as a fireman, former chief, over twice my age) drivers of Engine 33 at Squad 31's station (Squad 31, Engine 32, Tank Tender 67) for backing 32 over a motorcycle. Ridiculous station 1 guy. It was me or he could wait until the station chief came back, and it would be worse with the chief lol.

Long haul back up to PA tomorrow, and back to the grind of pioneering roads Monday. Yuck.

I bought my MS362C mid April, but have nothing to cut. It's been driving me crazy! We were going to the store the other day and cut through a neighborhood to look at flood damage. A home owner had a large limb break out of an oak, and some one had cut the limb into 24" long pieces. I stopped and loaded three of them in the SUV. My wife thought I was crazy. Got the urge Friday afternoon and cranked the 362 and cut 9 or 10 cookies. I could hear and feel the difference with each cut. I've read 12" logs were what I needed, and these were 10-11". I had foot surgery May 28th, and am supposed to be off my feet as much as possible. I'm afraid there will be some wood chips under my bandage and my Podiatrist is going to go ballistic on me.

I bought my MS362C mid April, but have nothing to cut. It's been driving me crazy! We were going to the store the other day and cut through a neighborhood to look at flood damage. A home owner had a large limb break out of an oak, and some one had cut the limb into 24" long pieces. I stopped and loaded three of them in the SUV. My wife thought I was crazy. Got the urge Friday afternoon and cranked the 362 and cut 9 or 10 cookies. I could hear and feel the difference with each cut. I've read 12" logs were what I needed, and these were 10-11". I had foot surgery May 28th, and am supposed to be off my feet as much as possible. I'm afraid there will be some wood chips under my bandage and my Podiatrist is going to go ballistic on me.

Sold my wood splitter. I invested in a couple of heat pumps last fall and didn't really need it anymore. Funny thing is I work in forestry and get all my firewood for free. However after cutting trees all day the last thing I want to do in my free time is work on my heating supply. I will still use a little wood for the really cold days or when I lose power, but will be very selective in what I bring home ( smaller stuff that doesn't need split).

I may have to take back what I stated in my last post yesterday. You know,the part about it not being a bad day. I just found out the saw I bought has bad main bearings in it and I'll just bet they're very difficult to remove. I think I have a repair manual and I'll probably need to use it on this one. Compression doesn't appear to be too great either. I bought it as a repair unit but didn't count on it needing a complete overhaul..

Back