So what did you do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know, man. The forecasted high is 86. That's ridiculous for this part of the country. And, we're getting rained on tomorrow. Which means I have to get all this stuff finished today, because water in a hydraulic system has bad results. Every time.
It's only 78 degrees right now but the humidity is terrible. I just came in from weed eating and was drenched with sweat. I normally don't start this early but it looks like rain today here..

102 predicted for today, and 106 Thursday. Supposed to on be in the nineties next week. Going to feel downright cool:). Fortunately we do not have the humidity you folks have.

It's only 78 degrees right now but the humidity is terrible. I just came in from weed eating and was drenched with sweat. I normally don't start this early but it looks like rain today here..

76 with 65% RH. We probably won't get to 86 today. Thank my deity. This is Bradford, on the Pennsylvania/New York border. Not St. Louis.

In other news, I learned today that even some truck drivers have a sense of humor.
575c2b48b03573bc31bfde00753616e0.jpg

Yep the 68% would be a killer. My brother lives in the Houston area. Every time I visit him in the summer I ask him how he can live there.

It's finally raining here and didn't get too hot so I'm out in my little shop taking the engine out of the MS390. I checked the ebay order and found out the P/C is supposed to get here tomorrow so I thought I'd get a start on it. The hardest part is gonna be cleaning all the parts up.

Sure we would get some rain to relieve this draught, but doesn't look predicted until mayb 2020:). Good luck with the saw!

I received a p/c today in the mail but it was for the saw I didn't tear down, it's for my 361. I ordered them both the same day so maybe the other one is near. I did get the 390 parts all cleaned up though. It all looks pretty good so far...

Cobbled up a filter system for my el cheapo TSC parts washer. My brother got me the filter head and I got the rest from the local hardware and auto parts store. I had already converted the pump to one that would work with solvents (naptha).

Attachments

• P1020549.JPG
    P1020549.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 14
  • P1020548.JPG
    P1020548.JPG
    906.9 KB · Views: 13
Mowed grass and loaded scrap metal. A bunch of other stuff too but those took the most time. I have an MS650 I need to finish testing and then get boxed up as I have a buyer for it. It's heading to MI.

Mowed grass and loaded scrap metal. A bunch of other stuff too but those took the most time. I have an MS650 I need to finish testing and then get boxed up as I have a buyer for it. It's heading to MI.
sounds good.
Any more 660 stuff that is laying around looking unattractive needs to head north to my place ;)

Fought with that MS650 most of the day today. I went to test it in some big wood and didn't like the tune. I could vary the rpm with the H screw but it just wasn't right. In fact it would run with the H screwed all the way in. So I pulled the carb off and opened it up, looked through my assortment of carb kits and discovered that out of the dozens I have, none fit that carb model. So I pulled the carb off the MS660 and looked inside that one. The pump diaphragm had been installed incorrectly so it needed some help. Put it all together and the 650 ran ok at high rpm but wouldn't restart when shut off. (was flooding) after about pulling out my last 12 remaining hairs, I reset the metering lever and tried it again. It worked fine. So I once again went to the big wood and made some cookies. I'm happy with the way it's running now but need to confirm oiler function tomorrow. What a pain it turned out to be. (there's more saga but this is already becoming a novel)

"Nothing, absolutely nothing" 100* today, and 106 predicted for tomorrow. Probably do nothing again! Guess I shouldn't say that. We watch a 2 year old granddaughter several times a week. Tomorrow is one of those days. Will take her for ice cream, and try to keep up with her the rest of the day. It is challenging!!

Put new Nachi crank bearings in three 262 crankcases. The wife is gone for a couple of days so I use these opportunities to use the oven and freezer to do this work. She absolutely can not be in the house if it has the least bit of oil/gas smell -some kinda hyper-sensitivity to that stuff.

Put new Nachi crank bearings in three 262 crankcases. The wife is gone for a couple of days so I use these opportunities to use the oven and freezer to do this work. She absolutely can not be in the house if it has the least bit of oil/gas smell -some kinda hyper-sensitivity to that stuff.
Know what you mean Barry. My wife is also hyper-sensitive to any smell that isn't neutral. She hates it in the shop when I am turning catalpa, and doesn't even like the smell of lilacs.

Back