So what does cutting wood have to do with fishing...watch

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not into fishing, but you sure looked like you were having a great time! Good success, too. It almost looked like fun! You ever eat Lutefisk?
It's a challenge some days ...adds to the fun...Lutefisk...I used to be a butcher and I had to dig in the lye bucket to serve it...not going to put that in my mouth...as to the fish and pain study..I most certainly have to cry B.S.
Now I'm no biologist ,but I have fished for 40 years and in that time which has been considerable..I've caught the same fish over and over...even on the same day...so BS on the study.

I am also a predator...my eyes are in the front of my face...not on the side...and I am a part of the life cycle. Being on top of the food chain I also take responsibility in a quick kill and I eat what I take. I also take responsibility in maintaining a healthy fish population letting breeders go as do my fishing partners.
My dollars also go to maintain these fisheries through licence fees and taxes paid on sporting goods.
I also promote catch and release and am involved in teaching our youths about the concept of not leaving a foot print in our out of doors. Teaching them about nature and respecting that resource.

So......what have you done...oh ya....nothing but spread false statements... hence the nickname troll.

Thanks to the guys that liked the video...we had the grill with too...I fed 10 guys lemon chicken breasts for lunch...and we all thanked God for the gifts He gives us on a daily basis.

Last edited:
I am also a predator...my eyes are in the front of my face...not on the side...and I am a part of the life cycle. Being on top of the food chain I also take responsibility in a quick kill and I eat what I take. I also take responsibility in maintaining a healthy fish population letting breeders go as do my fishing partners.
My dollars also go to maintain these fisheries through licence fees and taxes paid on sporting goods.
I also promote catch and release and am involved in teaching our youths about the concept of not leaving a foot print in our out of doors. Teaching them about nature and respecting that resource.

So......what have you done...oh ya....nothing but spread false statements... hence the nickname troll.

Thanks to the guys that liked the video...we had the grill with too...I fed 10 guys lemon chicken breasts for lunch...and we all thanked God for the gifts He gives us on a daily basis.[/QUOTE]

Well said...resposible, thankful and resonable...exactly NOT what too much of society is trying to teach our younger generation...Some magic place (store) where food seems to be all of the time.

I have fished for 40 years and in that time which has been considerable..I've caught the same fish over and over...even on the same day...so BS on the study.

Right on Keith,

Take a kid fishing and teach him/her about nature and you'll keep him off the streets.

Each June, Minnesota has their Take a Kid Fishing

Mille Lacs Whitetails Members Go Fishing

My grandkids live in the city so on the weekends we'll cut wood and make trails during the day and go fishing in the evening.

I also added a rep. taking kids out means so much to them....a tip...make it all about them and have plenty of snacks on hand.

Funny (to others) ice fishing story

Ice horrifies me to no end. Most likely, this is because I am not a good swimmer even in the summer, let alone falling thru ice with winter gear on.
If we are sitting in a coffee shop and you tell me that when you hear the ice cracking, it is good because it is making more ice, I am fine with that. But when I am on the lake and hear that horrid noise, I will beat it to shore. Every time.

Now, the story.
Several years ago, a so-called friend of mine talked me in to an ice fishing trip to his 12 by 24 ft ice house on Mille Lacs Lake. Now, Jay(to avoid the censors, I use this name, not what I called him on this day, for sure)knew full well how I feel about ice. So, to make me feel safer, he said we should have the doors open on his van, you know, just in case.

We are driving out on the lake, some 4 miles from shore, travelling very slow. He suddenly yells WHOA, LOOK OUT! and starts to lean towards the door as if to jump out. Well, my fight or flee turned to flee so fast, I did not wait to see why he was jumping out, just that I was already late in doing so myself!

I landed on the plowed road, rolled a couple times and ended up sitting on my butt, amazed I was still on tip of the ice. I looked for the van, fully expecting it had gone under the ice. Nope. It was sitting still, just a few feet from where I was sitting. Jay was bent over the steering wheel laughing so hard he was crying and running out of air. What a jerk!

My heart was pounding so incredibly hard, it is amazing I didn't have a heart attack! Once it settled down enough to get it back in my chest,I had a few choice words for that guy. I just cannot tell you here what I said to him. The more I told him what I thought of his prank, the more he laughed. And still does to this day, some 25 years later.

I never went ice fishing with him again!
Ted

Back