So what's in a name?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darin

No Longer Here
Reaction score
I have been trying to figure out this name. The "and Daughter's" part has me baffled. Either way. Really weird sign. I blocked his number. I saw it walking in the store the other day.

Yeah, I thought that too but you usually put like "Pete and sons" or "Pete and daughters". Not "Stump Grinder and daughters". So does he have an RG66 and the daughters of the RG 66 is a 9hp bluebird? They might be a real stump grinder when they grow up. haha

Please tell me that it is not a beaver on the sign next to "daughters"....

attachment.php

Is their slogan 'I work your stumps while she works your wood'? :monkey:

Did I really go for the low hanging fruit just then.....

We got a guy around here who's tree service is his wife's name. Not going to call him out but lets just say his wife's name is Linda and his service is called Linda's tree service. I thought it was kinda weak. I mean I wouldn't want to hire a guy who named his tree service Linda's tree service. Sounds wimpy as hell to me. I mean is his wife gonna let him come out and work today or what??? He just works out of a pickup. We were dumping our chip truck on the land where he rents a house trailer because his landlord wanted us to fill in a low spot there. He came out about a week after he had moved in (we had been dumping there for a couple of months) and told us we could not dump there anymore; that he owned a tree service and was going to be dumping there from now on (even though he has no chipper). We just laughed at him and continued with our dump.

Don't know what this has to do with the OP but it made me think of it, lol.

Maybe 55chevyparts is on the money here???

He might just want his daughter to take over his business, when he retires or dies. He may also want to show her the ropes and get her into the stump grinding gig.
There can be alot of $ to be made if you have the right contacts and have good maintained equipment. It depends alot on the local too.
Maybe his daughter will marry a climber. It can only go up from there.

I can't figure it out either. Maybe ask him if you see it again and he is around.

we got a guy here named his business ME AND MY OLD HOE BACKHOE SERVICE. I saw him and his wife where i buy gas several times filling there dump truck with beer like 3 cases. he stays busy tho or seems to and has nice equipment.

My wife is Macedonian. If I use the "h" word I better be running fast. This is what my dearly beloved tills the soil with. Fancy one of these jammed where the sun dont shine?

mattock.jpg

Unless his daughters help him in dunno. Seems a little different i'll say that.

Yep...That is it...His daughter helped him build the business into what it is...She now has chosen a different route in life though...She has went on to be a college professor...He is also franchised b/c of the business and the sells the tools and the know how all over...

Back