Sold my speeco bought a Tmberwolf tw-p1

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goosegunner

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I ended up selling my speeco to buy a used timberwolf tw-p1. I have a indoor gasifier so I thought I could get more production with the timberwolf. So far I am happy with the change. The 4 way works great and the lift makes a great staging area. I have not noticed a difference in splitting power. The return cycle on the timberwolf is faster.

Sold for $800

Speeco 25 ton
8 hp Honda GX motor
16gpm two stage
8.3 gallon hydraulic

Bought for. $1000

Tmberwolf TW-P1
Log cradle
4 way wedge
Extension table
Manual Log lift
Honda Gx motor 5 hp
11 gpm 2 stage
4.5 gal hydraulic

gg

Last edited:
Timberwolf......

I ended up selling my speeco to buy a used timberwolf tw-p1. I have a indoor gasifier so I thought I could get more production with the timberwolf. So far I am happy with the change. The 4 way works great and the lift makes a great staging area. I have not noticed a difference in splitting power. The return cycle on the timberwolf is faster.

Sold for $800

Speeco 25 ton
8 hp Honda GX motor
16gpm two stage
8.3 gallon hydraulic

Bought for. $1000

Tmberwolf TW-P1
Log cradle
4 way wedge
Extension table
Manual Log lift
Honda Gx motor 5 hp
11 gpm 2 stage
4.5 gal hydraulic

gg

I know you wil be very, very happy I am with mine.

glad to hear it

Iam a hyd guy, and glad to have you with us, I prommise to stand by you, as you might get flamed for leavin the mech splitter side, It all about you, and not what others want,..:rock:

Great deal

$1000 for a used TW-P1 is a good price for the bare machine. Throw in the full complement of accessories that came with it and it becomes a great deal. If you decide to ever get rid of it or upgrade, you certainly won't lose money, most likely make a few $.

Before I upgraded to the TW-2HD I had a P1. Yeah I could stall it if I really tried to push stuff through the 4 way that I knew probably wouldn't go but tried anyway. The 12 inch wedge height makes busting up the big rounds much easier.

Be sure to keep the fittings on the push block greased and to put a heavy bead of grease in front of the push block, extend, another bead behind the block and retract every couple of uses to prevent wear.

Enjoy the new machine.

Take Care

I have also noticed the tall wedge is great for clean splits of bigger pieces. The 4-way is surprising what it will do, but red oak splits pretty easy.

The height is a little lower than I like but with the speeco there was a few times I wished I would have been wearing a cup...

I am going to do a few mods to the timberwolf. I am going to weld a receiver hitch to the back of the beam so I can make a removable tongue for pulling it around the yard with table grate attached. I will also be able to pull away from the pile.

I also would like to come up with a different stand. I hate those flip up stands with a pin. A trailer jack with a spring loaded pin would be nice if I can find a place to put it.

gg

I am going to do a few mods to the timberwolf. I am going to weld a receiver hitch to the back of the beam so I can make a removable tongue for pulling it around the yard with table grate attached. I will also be able to pull away from the pile.

gg

Great idea. I still don't know why these manufacturers are putting the hitch end where the pile of wood goes. Unless they figure guys ALWAYS have it hooked to the truck and fill the truck while splitting? I've got a crew cab with a short bed. I couldn't stack a weeks worth of wood in the back of my truck!

Great idea. I still don't know why these manufacturers are putting the hitch end where the pile of wood goes. Unless they figure guys ALWAYS have it hooked to the truck and fill the truck while splitting? I've got a crew cab with a short bed. I couldn't stack a weeks worth of wood in the back of my truck!

The table grate that sticks out the front covers the tongue so if you want to use that you have to unhook. I want to be able to just leave it hooked to my Polaris Ranger and move along when I want. Or just go split, pile, drive off if I only have a little time.

gg

Back