Solo 665/681 Snellerized Style

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My only concern is if you will ever get the bearings back out. That sleeve retainer is some super strong stuff.

I use a lot of that stuff retaining bushings in aluminum and have had it several times where it takes a chunk of the aluminum with it when I press the bushing back out in the event of failure and need to remove it. Even using heat and a press it's still very difficult to remove.

I do not like the way the muffler deflector is open backwards towards the cylinder. I decided to trim the deflector and weld a piece of metal over it. I also add an additional second port. I then decided to re-install the original carb, which has had the venturi opened up just a little. I solved the problem with the L needle backing out by stretching the spring a little and putting 3 wraps of white Teflon plumbing tape on the threads. I also have a new grommet on order from Solo. It actually slides over the needles themselves. It'll turn as high as 15,800, but I backed it down to 15,000. It tunes perfectly now and has lightning throttle response. I'm anxious to run it against several of my other saws to see how it actually compares.

Muffler_2-L.jpg

Muffler_1-L.jpg

Muffler_4-L.jpg

Muffler_3-L.jpg

I think it'll blow it away. I ran it against a ported 461, which is similar to my hybrid, and it was significantly stronger/faster.
So do you have time to port a 7900?[emoji6]

Brad you sure have come a long way when it comes to porting saws, and I'm glad you've found some new things to make work saws go faster.

Very nice clean work, I really like your attention to detail and function of your mods. The deflector mod is perfect. Great work let's see all the hybrid saws together in some good testing wood.

Latest posts

Back