Some big Tulip - for Easter -

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Van

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
One of my cousins calls, he's looking for some big posts to hold up a pergola, how big? well, 15 by 15 and 12 ft tall he says. All the same species. I had a Tulip log big enough, another board member here - treeman82 - is taking down a big one soon, so the logs come here. t1.jpg The first one on the mill measures 28" on the small end. t2.jpgDoesn't take long, Tulip saws pretty fast - t5.jpgOutside where the sawdust pipe comes out, it looks like its snowing - t3.jpgSo, I hope to get a pic from him of the finished job, I have no idea what they're going to hold up, I hope they have a machine there to stand them up, as they really weigh up. t6.jpg

how much at a lumber yard would they cost?
Not really sure, as no lumber yard around here is going to have something this size. There's 225 bf in each one of these, I usually ask .50 / bf for softwood beam size lumber, went a little more on these. A 6x6 western red cedar at Rings End probably cost more.

Latest posts

Back