Some good and some not so good.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
left - won't have all the holes for the later machine models... But you'll be o.k.unless you have to pull down a 361 or 441.

The latest version of the ZS has two disks - too many holes for one - and they screw onto the stem (instead of being welded). And yes, the AS has recesses for the latest studs, which reminds me.. I need to mill mine out...

Tried to buy them from him, he said no just take'm use them and I
dought that I will ever need'em again.

Up date of yesterdays haul.

Blue Homelite Super XL Automatic........Runs good :)

Red Homelite Super XL Automatic....Hits with gas in carb, has bad fuel line.

Stihl 015...........Runs, but needs carb work.

1 of 2 Homelite 240.....Hits with gas in carb.

Husky 288XP........Running, need clutch cover to try it.
cylinder and piston looks good but only 135lbs it may only need PC kit.

Stihl 460........Runs great 170lbs..........PTO side bearing has some play :(
Kinda of think it's on it's second top end.

Stihl 066 (poly FW) 150lbs seems to be very good. :)

Two Stihl 064's..........think I can make one good one. :)

Husky 268XP........don't know yet, play with it tomorrow.

Some more goodies :)

attachment.php

Holy God! How do you get all this stuff? Have you dug up a seam of it and are slowly mining it out of a hillside somewhere? I was going round the boot sale today and all I found was:

- 20 yr old Black and decker 1200w electric thing, 12"; geezer selling it reckoned it was little used since the motor was so clean, that's to say he'd had the compressed air up it. Wanted £26 for it, meh, stroll on son

- Poulan Wild Thing (first time I've seen one about these parts. looks like a child's toy). £85 used and very grubby, not very interested and the colour gave me a headache

- Interesting textron-era Homelite tophandle saw, very tempted but matey wanted £45 for it. I don't want a tophandle that much as I only really do firewood. I'll go back next week and offer him £30 again if it's still there.

Things are getting VERY tight round here, everyone's burning their furniture instead of using gas or electricity and it's driving up the price of saws and wood. I'll continue the scrounge-a-thon and probably abandon buying in saws at all until the spring when they'll be less appealing to the modern idiot. That aside, sellers everywhere are pitching prices high and no bugger's giving an inch...

Holy God! How do you get all this stuff? Have you dug up a seam of it and are slowly mining it out of a hillside somewhere? I was going round the boot sale today and all I found was:

- 20 yr old Black and decker 1200w electric thing, 12"; geezer selling it reckoned it was little used since the motor was so clean, that's to say he'd had the compressed air up it. Wanted £26 for it, meh, stroll on son

- Poulan Wild Thing (first time I've seen one about these parts. looks like a child's toy). £85 used and very grubby, not very interested and the colour gave me a headache

- Interesting textron-era Homelite tophandle saw, very tempted but matey wanted £45 for it. I don't want a tophandle that much as I only really do firewood. I'll go back next week and offer him £30 again if it's still there.

Things are getting VERY tight round here, everyone's burning their furniture instead of using gas or electricity and it's driving up the price of saws and wood. I'll continue the scrounge-a-thon and probably abandon buying in saws at all until the spring when they'll be less appealing to the modern idiot. That aside, sellers everywhere are pitching prices high and no bugger's giving an inch...

All the new stuff is the old dealers, I'm just selling it for him.
Parts saw's I get a xx% of and a few parts saw's for myself. :)

Latest posts

Back