Some stoveshop laughs

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PA. Woodsman

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Stopped in to see my buddy Tim at the local stoveshop, and he got to telling me some amusing things that customers said to him recently. Thought you might like a chuckle:

Customer insisting that "there is something wrong with my stove; I'm burning much more wood now than I was back in November". Happens to be a lot colder now but that never entered their mind I guess!

Customer asked "what other colors can I get firebrick in besides this off-white"?

Customer on phone: "How do I get to your store"?
Tim: "Where are you coming from"?
Customer: "My house".

Customer on phone: "Where are you, I'm driving around trying to find your store"?
Stoveshop salesman: "We're on Lehigh Street".
Customer: "No you're not; we've been up and down Lehigh street and you're not there".

Customer: "I need a part for my woodstove".
Tim: "Okay, what kind is it"?
Customer: "It was my Father's".

Customer: "Do you have to empty the ashes out of the stove"?

I'm sure that they'll come up with some more!

:greenchainsaw: :laugh:

Last edited:
Its really scary when you think about it! Folks that come out with statements and questions like that really want to mess with a live fire! And they are out behind the wheel no less.
We have a local anchor gal on the local news, and she never fails to impress me with her lack of a brain.
Her latest comment was about Mel Gibsons movie,"Signs" where the earth was invaded by outer space creatures.
She turned to her colleage and said with a whimsical look on her face,
"That was based on a true story, wasnt it?"

Thanks PA, i got a chuckle out of those. I still wonder how some folks make it thru a single day, much less bungle thru life without a single gram of common sense.

RD

No kiddin ! And imagine that they are also allowed to breed !!!!:dizzy: :dizzy:

Tell me about it. I t is not unusual for me to have three generations on my probation caseload at one time. The ones who shouldn't breed at all are the ones who have the most kids.

thats because sometimes they are the cutest ones

Not in my experience.

common sense seems to run in direct proportion to how much you have had to do for yourself over the years as opposed to how much you have depended on others to do for you.

Maple:

Thanks PA, i got a chuckle out of those. I still wonder how some folks make it thru a single day, much less bungle thru life without a single gram of common sense.

RD

Amazing, isn't it? He also told me that when he asked a customer what kind of stove they had they said "a black one"! :jester:

Tell me about it. I t is not unusual for me to have three generations on my probation caseload at one time. The ones who shouldn't breed at all are the ones who have the most kids.

My wife works for Social Services. It's not a surprise for her to see multiple generations on her caseload either. You hit the nail on the head.

I think we're getting off the topic though! This is fodder for a whole different rant!:givebeer: :buttkick:

Latest posts

Back