Some Tune-up help

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hill

ArboristSite Operative
Homelite XL sputtering, spitting, missing, however you want to put it when at full throttle. I'm not much of a mechanic, so I can't really diagnose the problem, but I would sure like to give a shot at fixing her up myself if you guys can give me some sound advice. BTW, where might I find new air filters for an XL-113 and XL, seeing as they are pretty old? Thanks.

Zodiac45

Zodiac45

Paleostoveologist & Sawwhisperer
Homelite XL sputtering, spitting, missing, however you want to put it when at full throttle. I'm not much of a mechanic, so I can't really diagnose the problem, but I would sure like to give a shot at fixing her up myself if you guys can give me some sound advice. BTW, where might I find new air filters for an XL-113 and XL, seeing as they are pretty old? Thanks.

Ok, well first off if the saw is idling well, then I would look at fueling issues first. Is the fuel line and filter not plugged, semi plugged or cracked. Is the saw pulling up fuel in the line without air going into the carb. If all that is good, I'd go to the H screw adjustment on the carb. Turn it out 1/4 too 1/2, see if it makes any difference if it's worse, go back too where it was and try it in 1/4 too 1/2. It certainly sounds like a fueling issue, but could be ignition? Try too eliminate each thing before moving on.

lawnmowertech37

lawnmowertech37

Addicted to ArboristSite
Ok, well first off if the saw is idling well, then I would look at fueling issues first. Is the fuel line and filter not plugged, semi plugged or cracked. Is the saw pulling up fuel in the line without air going into the carb. If all that is good, I'd go to the H screw adjustment on the carb. Turn it out 1/4 too 1/2, see if it makes any difference if it's worse, go back too where it was and try it in 1/4 too 1/2. It certainly sounds like a fueling issue, but could be ignition? Try too eliminate each thing before moving on.

hey zodiac that avatar looks familiar is that one of them animated cartoon characters on the sci fi channel ?

Latest posts